Bowling?

iVillage Member
Bowling?
Thu, 03-03-2005 - 1:28pm

Do you ever go bowling?

Have you ever celebrated your birthday at a bowling alley?

Ever been on a league?

:-)

HEIDI

cl-caribouhugs

Visit me at Caring for your Cat, Wildlife Watching, Tough Decisions and The Sand Box 

Life is sweeter when you have good friends, good food and a good internet connection!

Meet my rattie girls, Perri and Winkle!!

TigerSnuggles

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_caribouhugs
Thu, 03-03-2005 - 3:07pm

Some years back, when a co-worker quit, we celebrated by going late night Glow Bowling, complete with the excrutiatingly loud music.

Before that, I played team bowling in high school, just as a fun extracurricular thing. We had a blast! I have so much fun, laughing, even though I'm really bad. My 2 favorite teachers bowled w/us, & my HR teacher even mentioned it when he wrote in my yearbook. LOL.

Thanks for that fun trip down memory lane. I should go bowling some time. LOL

Katz

Katz

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-03-2005 - 8:49pm

Hi Katz,
Today my company held a charity event. It was called Strike for a Cure or something similar, LOL. It was for the Susan G. Koman breast cancer foundation. I played rather well and that really surprised me since really haven't bowled in sooo long. :-)

My Mom used to be on a league, one of my sisters is along with her husband. She met her husband while bowling. I'm not ususally very good at it though.

It is always fun thats for sure!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-04-2005 - 8:11am
Oh, I forgot my company party (previous job) was once held at a duckpin bowling alley. LOL. Have you ever been duckpin bowling?
Katz

Katz

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-04-2005 - 3:23pm
LOL is that similar or the same as candlepin bowling??

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-04-2005 - 3:37pm
I don't know. What's candlepin bowling? Duckpin is a ball about the size of a grapefruit, shorter lanes, & smaller pins.
Katz

Katz

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-04-2005 - 4:21pm
That's funny.

Photobucket