Plumbers & dish towels

iVillage Member
Plumbers & dish towels
Fri, 04-22-2005 - 8:43am

I had made an appointment to have a plumber come to my house yesterday while I was at work. The night before, I stood at the kitchen sink & looked at my nice, brighter-and-cleaner-than-most dish towel and thought, "I should hide this. One other time when a plumber came her, he used my dish towel for some part of his job, & left it filthy." But, I didn't take my own advice. I left it there.

Yesterday when I got home from work, the dish towel was gone. But he had left me a filthy rag. LOL. I can't figure whether he switched them w/o realizing it, or whether plumbers in general (or men in general) just think it's OK to use/take a stranger's dish towel...

Ever run into anything like this?

Katz

Katz

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-22-2005 - 9:04am
Hi there.
 photo Signature1.png
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-22-2005 - 12:43pm
LOL Katz you made me laugh!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-22-2005 - 1:27pm
And another weird thing happened to me. Last week a guy was working on my home computer while I was at work. Now my printer cable is gone! And I had met the guy twice & talked to him several times. I liked him. It never occurred to me that he had stolen it. But he's now on vacation, & I ended up talking to other people, including his supervisor. Well, this AM the tech himself calls me. He's not happy. He's been accused by his superiors of stealing my cable! Good grief! So anyway, now I need to buy a cable. What a mess!
Katz

Katz

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-22-2005 - 1:46pm
oh no!

Photobucket