do i have depression?

iVillage Member
do i have depression?
Tue, 04-26-2005 - 10:45am

I suffer from very low self esteem and i think i may have drepession. is there somethin i can do without having to take meds?

Christy

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-26-2005 - 1:40pm

Hi Christy!

The standard answers to that would be

1. See a counselor.

2. Get out & participate in activities that you enjoy. You'll meet other people w/similar interests. A standard recommendation is volunteering. It makes you feel good to give! :)

Tell us more about yourself.

Katz

Katz

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-03-2005 - 9:26am
what else would u like to know?
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-03-2005 - 10:53am
LOL. Where do you live? What do you do? What interests do you have?
We're nosy! ;o)
Katz

Katz

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-04-2005 - 10:11am

lol. i live in ohio. i work at meijer. my biggest intrest is cars. i love cars especially old cars.. i have a bf. we are moving in together in a few weeks. were looking for a house. his already been to college and done. he has a great job. i plan on goin to college. i graduate in june. i just got my pics done in my cap n gown and my senior pics. we plan on getting married but not for a few years. hes deffently the love of my life. lol be as nosy as u want ill tell lol. i also like sports i skateboard and bmx every now and then. my other love is my car. *sigh* lol. i like street racing, big trucks, i love being with my friends and family. my best friend is my mom, my dad on the other hand ive been having many problems with lately. :'(...i also love to sing and dance. i tell everyone that im gonna be on american idol next year. lol. thats all i can think of. lol.

tell me about u.

Christy :D

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-04-2005 - 10:33am

Well, you & I couldn't be more different if we tried. LOL. I'm 52, or old as dirt, whichever came first. ;o) I live alone w/my 2 cats, whom I love dearly, of course. >^..^< My favorite thing to do is to read. I also make my living as a proofreader, so that works. LOL. I live in PA, the same state I've lived in my whole life, except for a little time spent in NYC. I belong to a local hiking club, but I've drifted away from hiking & never do it any more. My mom is 92 & doing surprisingly well. My dad died when I was a kid. I bought a house about 18 years ago & just finished paying off my mortgage in November. :o))

You're in HS? What are you doing on the puter at this time of day? ;o) 'Course, I'm at work... LOL. What is Meijer? Who do you like on AI? Do you believe how good Scott was on his first song last night? LOL. Uh, hope you're not a Scott fan...

Katz

Katz

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-04-2005 - 2:08pm

lol i only like to read murder mysteries. its bout the only thing that can keep me interested. meijer is a store that has groceries, clothing, lawn n garden, gifts, etc. its a store that has everything. lol. ive lived in ohio my whole like. lol im 18 ill be 19 next month. im growing up before my own eyes. lol. my mom is only 40. my dad is the same age. i dunno i think hes disapointed in me, but thats a long story in its self. i have 2 cats n 2 dogs. what are ur cats names? i love to hike and camp.

yup im in hs. lol i have lots of time through out the day to get on. i finish my work very early. lol. well when i know what im doing. scott isnt to bad i only want him to win b/c his dad said he would never about to anything. but my favorite is bo bice!!!!! we need another rocker! who do u like?

Christy

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-04-2005 - 3:52pm

Hi Christy!

WOw, thanks for sharing! You have a lot of interests, that's great! Graduation, moving..lots going on.

How do all those changes make you feel? Have you told your bf that you are feeling a little depressed about things? When the last time you two did something special together?...maybe a nice night out to a movie or a car show could really cheer you up.

I for one, always get down when the weather is bad..like during winter- but as soon as the nice weather and sunshine is out agaon it always cheers me back up.

...course talking with people on this board always cheers me up too! :o)

My name is Johanna, I'm been a cl on this board for a long time...just about 3 years..it's a great group of gals!

I live in RI with my bf of 5 years. We have been talking about getting married too. It's exciting, we have been through a lot together and it's awesome when you can finally see the pieces come together.

Hope to talk with you more!

Take care!

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-04-2005 - 3:56pm

Still feeling good about paying off the mortgage, huh? :-)

That's why we took a 15 year term on ours - h said he didn't want to be in his 60's when we paid our house off.

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-04-2005 - 3:58pm

Just look at my banner - I think you'll know who my fave is on AI LOL

His number was so busy last night, I only got thru about 20 votes - usually I can get thru alot more, so I'm assuming that's a good sign

2 cats & 2 dogs, huh?

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-04-2005 - 5:42pm

yeah it is alot going on. actually i think ive had depression for a while but i wont go to the doctor for it cos i dont want to be put on meds. ive did my rearch and it agrees. actually everything going on makes me feel better, it keeps my mind off of things. i dont have alone time. well i have it but dont want it. i dont like to think it makes me feel bad. non of my friends or family know. only my bf. i dont tell anyone cos i dont want them to feel bad for me and i dont want to look weak. we do something special together all the time. we deffently pamper each other after work. lol. car show? lol thats an all the time thing. hes actually a mechanic. lol. go figure the way i love cars. but my problem is i know he wants no one but me and he really loves me and it can be a girl thats not even in his league and ill be so jealous. im a very jealous person. i hate it. ive been doing a little better it just takes alot of time. im also getting better at taking complaments. before id think people was just saying it to be nice or cos they had to. now when i get a complament i blush. my bf always gives them to me and im getting better at taking them from him too. ive never always been told i was pretty. i feel that im un happy with myself. like im not as skinny as other girls, i could be skinnier, i could change this or this, etc. thank god he doesnt let me lol its hard to tell what id look like. he says im perfect i dont need to change anything, which works until im jealous again.

i dont have many friends in school. i keep to myself. i dont want the drama. all my friends used to be guys basically that id skate with then me and my bf started going out and they all got gf so no one ever talks to each other any more. so i figured i really needed some girl friends.

awwww. we said we'd wait until after we lived together for a year, evern though we have been together for 2 yrs the last 1 1/2 we have traded off n on spending the night at each others house. my family loves him and his family loves me lol. do u guys plan on having kids?

thank you, you deffently take care too.

Christy

Pages