(sigh) I could use some support

iVillage Member
(sigh) I could use some support
Tue, 05-17-2005 - 11:12am

I'm STILL in the midst of a breast cancer scare. At each stage of the process, I hope the Dr. will say I'm OK, & we're done. But no luck so far. This has been going on since March. I've had 2 mammograms & an ultrasound, been to my family Dr. twice, to a surgeon once. Now, Thursday, I need to have another mammogram. (They do it a different way each time.) All the various Drs. & diagnosticians think I'm PROBABLY OK, but nobody wants to say for sure. There have been different opinions on what they're seeing in the mammos. I suppose the next step might be an MRI, if warranted. We'll see. I had to wait 3 weeks for the appointment w/the surgeaon, then wait 2 weeks for her to seek somebody else's opinion. So this time, I took the 1st appointment I could get for the mammo, even though I'll have to travel 1/2 hour each way in the middle of the work day.

I've only told a couple of people. Now I can talk to you guys about it. :)

Thanks

Katz

Katz

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-17-2005 - 12:02pm
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Oh Kat! I am so sorry to hear about your cancer scare. That is scary! I don't know what to say..except that I am here if you need to talk or a shoulder to lean on.

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-17-2005 - 12:18pm

((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

I hope you get answers soon & that everything comes out OK!

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-17-2005 - 12:25pm

Big hugs Katz.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-17-2005 - 12:26pm

Ooh, yeah, when you have a family history, that's really scary.

I have no family history, thank goodness. I've gone through scares before, & even had a biopsy once, but this is for an entirely different abnormality. Before, they always turned out to be cysts. This time they know it's not a cyst.

Katz

Katz

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-17-2005 - 12:29pm
Thanks. I haven't been saying much, b/c at each stage, I think that THIS Dr. is going to say it's OK. It gets worse as it drags on & on...
Katz

Katz

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-17-2005 - 12:32pm
Some of the tests & visits I've been able to do in the evening, but I've had to take time off from work for some of them. Thus is another disadvantage of living far from work. My Drs. are all near home, far from work.
Katz

Katz

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-17-2005 - 12:51pm
{{{Katz}}}
How scary indeed hon.
Don't you wish you can say to them
          Click & Join the fun!
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-17-2005 - 1:31pm

Katz ((((hugs))))

I know you told us a little while ago that you were going for tests.
I know this is hard for you. My mom and Nanna went through it.
Do you have a history of breast issues in your family?

I know it took a lot for you to share this with peole and I'm happy that you can talk about it with us.

We are here for you.
Let us know how things go.
All those mammo's...ouch! I'm so sorry for all you are going through. Let's just hope you get a good answer soon and can put this behind you.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
~Jo

Edited 5/17/2005 1:59 pm ET ET by southpier

Edited 5/17/2005 2:01 pm ET ET by southpier
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-17-2005 - 1:34pm
Thanks. I guess I'll get results of this mammo probably on Monday or Tuesday. Then I guess I'll either get the OK, or next will be an MRI or maybe a biopsy. Neither is a big deal. I've had them before. But I just want to get to whatever will finally give us a definitive answer, which I would think would be the biopsy. This has been hanging over my head for 2 months. :(
Katz

Katz

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-17-2005 - 2:10pm

No, thankfully there's no history in my family. That's a point in my favor. But then, I have an extremely small family, so there's not actually a history of much of anything! LOL.

Hoping maybe this next mammo will give me good news.

Katz

Katz

Pages