Family Fun

iVillage Member
Family Fun
Wed, 05-25-2005 - 10:21pm

Do you have a small family, large family or is it just you?

What do you do for holidays, do you all get together?
If you live far apart do you have a reunion every so often?

What is something unique about your family?

:)

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_caribouhugs
Wed, 05-25-2005 - 11:35pm

Do you have a small family, large family or is it just you? I have a pretty small family.

photo Signature1.png
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-26-2005 - 12:04am

I know you know this Amy,
You're very lucky to be so close with your family.
Good to hear you spend your holidays with them as well :)

Click & Join the fun!
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-26-2005 - 12:04am

Great questions Heidi,

Our family is small mostly
Here is just my DH & two DS's.

Click & Join the fun!
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-26-2005 - 8:36am

Well my day to day "family" is just me & Philip. As far as my brothers & sister, Aunts & Uncles we have a very large family. Their are 10 brothers & sister on my Dad's side & 9 from my mom's. On my mom's side my Nanna has 28 grandchildren and 9 great grand children.

I get together more with my mom's side of the family and with my borther & sister.
For most holidays I go to my aunts house and spend time with my brother, his kids & my sister. For christmas we all get together all aunts & uncles on my mom's side and all kids.

We have a family reunion once a year at my aunts house.

LOL, just that we are so big! We are also a very friendly family...around us everyone is welcome and knows it.

((hugs))
Johanna

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-26-2005 - 8:48am
How wonderful & lucky you are Johanna,

Well my day to day "family" is just me & Philip. As far as my brothers & sister, Aunts & Uncles we have a very large family. Their are 10 brothers & sister on my Dad's side & 9 from my mom's. On my mom's side my Nanna has 28 grandchildren and 9 great grand children.
Love these big families! What big parties you must have, LOL
So there is you, your sister and two brothers?

I get together more with my mom's side of the family and with my borther & sister.
For most holidays I go to my aunts house and spend time with my brother, his kids & my sister. For christmas we all get together all aunts & uncles on my mom's side and all kids.
Sounds like a few holiday get togethers ..

We have a family reunion once a year at my aunts house.
Now that must be a ball .. how many people end up attending?

LOL, just that we are so big!
We are also a very friendly family...around us everyone is welcome and knows it.
Always think people with big families are loving it and have more fun , LOL
Thanks for the share :)

Click & Join the fun!
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-26-2005 - 10:03am

Thanks Hugs!

Yes, it's just my 2 brothers and my sister.
From my brothers there are 5 (soon to be 6) kids.
My sister and I don't have any children.

When we have our yearly family reunion it's probably about 75 people..people kind of come and go so it's hard to get a true estimate...but it's a lot of us :o)

((hugs))
Johanna

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-26-2005 - 10:08am
75 people Johanna,
How awesome!
Oh I am envious, LOL
Seems we always want the impossible
Thanks for letting me know :)

Click & Join the fun!
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-26-2005 - 11:02am

do i have a small family, large family or just you....

well i am from a small fam.my sis and i.my parents live by my sis and they do thier thing together. we dont talk. mom did a lot of stuff to me and should have served time for them. dad didnt stop her. sis is perfect. they drink together. i hope they like thier lives.my kids have a much better life.

as for dh he is one of 11 kids.with grand kids , great grand kids, spouses,and step kids, and mom and dad; there are now 105 in the immediate family

what do we do for holidays. well they now rent a hall.they had to. they used to have it all at the inlaws 4 bedroom. too much.on top of all this thier are the ants and uncles(14 or 15)+ spouses.they also have a family of cousins that have lost thier parents early in life they come( another 7). other cousins that drop in. a couple of mothers of spouses that would other wise be alone.
we are probley arround 130 buy the time we are done.big!!!
the girls are nuts. they drink dance and sing all night.it has to be seen to believe.

they tend to celebrate all the time. they have xmas s together, easter, usually once a summer. thier is a family wedding every year.we just had fil s 80th b-day.

i dont think thier is too much unique. with this many fam members we have all types.
the girls can be witches together.they guys usually hang together.thier are kids everywhere.

the get togethers can get to be too much.everything costs the 11 kids a lot.they buy expensive gifts for the parents(money for furniture, new flooring, trips, ect. )on top of this thier is all the hall rentals,booze,pictures, music,part of the food, or all(depending on the occation we do have some pot lucks.lodging or driving.

this year we are going to flin flon manitoba.that is 762 klm or about 475 miles
it will be a celebration of dh s brother who eloped.this is a sore spot for dh and i. they couldnt even send us a card.dhs mother says it is a party for them and us.
dh had to ask when we were getting a party. this is what his mom said would work. i hate to horn in on thier day. but they dont know what is happening.so they will be mad if we dont go.we will be married 3 years in dec.they got married last fall.we all lived with our spouses for years before.why the fam has such a problum with this when dhs sis is gay and they except her.a bit backwards if you ask me

well that is out fam, glenda

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-26-2005 - 11:02am

Hey Hugs!

LOL, don't be envious! LOL...it's too big.
But it's fun to catch up with everyone.

You never know when your boys get older and start families of their own...your family will from too :o)

((hugs))
Johanna

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-26-2005 - 11:06am

at my house, just me, h & all the furry ones.

Pages