°oThursday Thoughts o°

iVillage Member
°oThursday Thoughts o°
Thu, 05-26-2005 - 10:11am

Happy Thursday!

Here is a Thursday Thinker for ya:

::::Quote::::

Envy can be a positive motivator. Let it inspire you to work harder for what you want.

:::::::Questions:::::::::::

1) What/ Who are you envious of?

2) Where do you see yourself 5yrs from now?

3) What 2 things do you NOT want to change in your life?

4) What 2 things do you WANT to change in your life?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Bright blessings~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Johanna

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-26-2005 - 12:22pm

Hi Johanna!

1) What/ Who are you envious of? ~~~I envy those who can work with animals or just do what they believe in everyday, without having to worry about money.

2) Where do you see yourself 5yrs from now? ~~~Hopefully by then I will be living with my bf at his house or a house of our own and it will be big enough and have enough land for us to be a mini shelter for homeless animals.

3) What 2 things do you NOT want to change in your life? ~~~My closeness to my family in relation to where we live and I don't want my passion for things I believe in to change.

4) What 2 things do you WANT to change in your life? ~~~My fears and my anxiety.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-26-2005 - 4:08pm

1) What/ Who are you envious of?

I am envious of people woh are living their dream!

2) Where do you see yourself 5yrs from now?

Hopefully living my dream, or a few steps closer to it!

3) What 2 things do you NOT want to change in your life?

My kindness and my heart. Also my family,

4) What 2 things do you WANT to change in your life?

My financial security and my postion at work.

:o)
Johanna

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-27-2005 - 12:05pm

1.what/who are you envious of.....people that are born to money.yes some are taught to work for what they get, but not enough. we have oil money in the area, and thier are a lot of jerks. too much money, spoiled kids , ect.it just seams we can never give our kids enough.

2.where do i see myself 5 years from now....in this home. all the kids moved out.hopefully in a better financial shape.

3.what two thing do i not want to change in my life.....my spouse and the quiet slow moving life in a small town.

4.what two thing do i want to change in my life.....our finances, and being finally excepted in dh s family.

glenda

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-27-2005 - 4:51pm

Hi Glenda!

I am sometimes ennvious of people who are born into welth too. Money doesn't make you happy, but it certainly makes things easier.

Why do you think dh's family doesn't except you?

((hugs))
Jo

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-27-2005 - 4:52pm

Hi Heidi!

Beautiful answers.
I love your ambition of having your own shelter.

You have such a giving heart.

((hugs))
Johanna

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-27-2005 - 9:25pm
first i should explain that dh was married before and his wedding pic is still on his parents wall.we have been together since the spring of 96.we got married in 2002.not a card from the family. his mom and his sis said congrats.they did a family tree we were not in it but his ex and kids were. not to mention an update on his ex and new hubby.
dh and i had a fight and they hid him from me.i drove home(an hour ) and back. found him. he didnt know what was going on.the little digs from the sisters. the crap i have to do at the reunions.I think the most hurtful was when my son was run over.two calls, one card, and a sis in law that hurassed dh about how little child support he was paying. our son was in a coma during this.
this time i went with the new sis in law. we went to the bar in between.nobody was able to crap on me then.
before me another sis in law told me she used to be the one they treated like that.she had slept arround on her dh. i was always good to dh.
they all liked dh s ex and partied with her.i grew up with alcoholics so take it easy when i drink. he ex also was a tramp and didd drugs.i guess she is more fun.his ex kept the boy from any family things. this too was my fault.if dh was single the son could go.
when we got together the kids were stopped from seeing the family.
she left dh for another man.but i think she wanted him to be there if she changed her mind.
i have even been told that if i behave. which means i cant tell dh when to go home or
or have an opinion.so now i usually do the cooking, dishes or sit in a corner.
it was better the last time.i think thier are a couple of newbies they now pick on.dh also told the girls they better be nice to me or he would never be back.
i guess i sould have been the first wife.
glenda
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-01-2005 - 8:50am

Hi Glenda,

I am so sorry to hear this!!!
His family is not treating you and your son right at all!!
Shame on them!!! BIG SHAME ON THEM!!!!

You are better than that and don't deserve to be treated as anything less!

I know it's hard to let family actions roll off your shoulders, but try as much as you can. People who can't respect you and accept you aren't worth YOUR attention.

I hope dh stands up for you.

You are a good person Glenda.

((hugs))
Johanna