Hey Heather! How come you didn't tell us

iVillage Member
Hey Heather! How come you didn't tell us
Fri, 05-27-2005 - 10:38am

about this?! Should we put together a Care package to send to you? ;o)

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1410062.html

Ananova: 
Finnish loo roll crisis

A strike in the paper industry in Finland has left the country desperately short of toilet paper.

Shops have been selling out of loo roll up and down the country and people stock up.

One store manager in Helsinki said: "We have been sold out for days, and on the rare occasions when stores get a fresh delivery it is sold as fast as it can be put on the shelves."

The four week strike has meant that holidaymaking Finns have been returning home with suitcases full of toilet paper rather than souvenirs.

Katz

Katz

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-27-2005 - 1:33pm
*Bump* Don't want Heather to miss this! LOL
Katz

Katz

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-27-2005 - 2:48pm

LOL, too funny Katz!

I've never heard of a TP crisis!

Heather is your need to , let us know!

:o)
Johanan

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-07-2005 - 3:16pm
Tee heeee! Yes, the paper industry is on strike, but in all honesty, it isn't affecting how I buy toilet paper. *grin*

A friend told me that one of the big shops she went to was all out of TP, but every time I go to the store there is always TP. So, no worries here.

Plus, as my BF says, stores aren't going to let an opportunity go by where they can't sell stuff.. they will just import the stuff if need be.

My guy was also telling me that the paper industry people did go to work for a few days to make some paper product containers (what milk and juice type stuff go in) because that was getting low in supply. But I reckon they did that only because it would effect other industries if they hadn't.

I'll let you all know if I get desperate for TP!

And thanx for pointing this post out to me Kat! It was so far down the section I just didn't see it!

-->

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-07-2005 - 3:26pm
Well, I was getting concerned that your constant search for TP might be keeping you from coming to our board. ;o) Has it been in the news?
Katz

Katz