I'm happy/pleased w/myself today/lately:

iVillage Member
I'm happy/pleased w/myself today/lately:
Wed, 06-01-2005 - 7:52pm

because:

I think some of us need this. Let's use this every day or whenever we feel inspired. We can tell each other what we've done that's made us feel better about ourselves lately. :o) I know for myself that it's often going to be something pretty small. LOL. But sometimes, that's all it takes. :)

Lately, I'm pleased w/myself because:

Over the long weekend, I went out & bought & planted all my flowers. I used to not garden AT ALL, so this is a good thing for me. I'm enjoying looking at them, & going out in my robe at 6 AM w/my little watering can & watering them. LOL.

I also got up early enough on Monday & got it together to go to the Artsfest. I had a goal in mind to buy a pocketbook (I knew I could find a nice handmade leather one there.) I not only bought one, but 2! LOL. a regular leather one, & a *seasonal* one (canvas). Not a normal thing for me. I use the same pocketbook every day, day in & day out, for a couple of years, til it gets worn out. LOL. So now I have a *spring & summer* bag. WooHoo! How very *fashionable* of me. ;o)

I've been enjoying talking to all the new friends at the Sandbox. :O) I look forward to it.

So what good stuff have you done lately? :)

Katz

Katz

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-02-2005 - 12:07am
Wednesday was just not a great day for me,
So I can only hope today will be better.
Will share my accomplishments later hopefully :)

Click & Join the fun!
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-02-2005 - 12:08am
Such a wonderful idea Katz :)

You sure do have a lot to be pleased and proud about yourself.
You accomplished many things.
Hats off to you :)

Click & Join the fun!
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-02-2005 - 7:09am
I took the inititive to comoplete my staircase renovation. The new railing went in about 9 months ago, and I just didn't have time to get the holes plugged up and have the walls repainted. So that started on Monday, and next monday the actual painting will be done, and then it will look wonderful.. end of house renovation for a while...

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-02-2005 - 8:15am
Cool! That will feel good. :) I'm really slow to do renovations, but it's always so nice to have it done.
Katz

Katz

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-02-2005 - 8:42am
Great job Suzan,
Getting those house rennovations are so tough sometimes.
Just think once it's all finished it will look beautiful :)

Click & Join the fun!
iVillage Member
Sat, 06-04-2005 - 4:53pm
I'm pleased w/myself today b/c I went to the downtown arts fest Friday even though it was raining lightly. I walked around for 2 hours & got pretty wet, but I had a good time, & came home w/a handmade bracelet & a delicious healthy takeout dinner (they take credit cards. LOL). Yea me! It's often hard for me to get myself motivated to go out & do stuff, so I'm always glad when I do. :)
Katz

Katz

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-04-2005 - 5:41pm
Sounds like a wonderful day for you Katz,
Great that you did get out.
Even better than you came home with some goodies :)

Click & Join the fun!
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-06-2005 - 12:54pm

Katz,
I love that you posted this!

Some things that I have done...

1) Organized myself more at home & at work

2) Have got on the bike three times a week for 30mins.

3) Opening up more with Philip. We really have taken our relationship to a new level.

4) Been better at "setting boundaries" with people and not just giving in all the time. Ihave been standing up for myself more and it feels good to not allow myself to get walked on. Because it's on thing if people don't show respect for me...but what was bothering me most was that I wasn't giving myself respect by standing my ground.

5) I have been acknowledging myself more on a daily basis for things that I do...big or small and it helps.

It's important to appreciate yourself!

Thanks so much for posting this.

Have a great day!
Johanna

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-06-2005 - 1:41pm
Yea! You ARE making great advances. Good for you. :)
Katz

Katz

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-06-2005 - 2:05pm

Thanks Katz!

You've done great things too!!!

Here is to another great week!

((hugs))
Jo

Pages