When you see it ..

iVillage Member
When you see it ..
Thu, 06-02-2005 - 12:08am

Do you want to buy it?

When you see commercials for different foods whether it's frozen TV dinners or fast foods, or whatever, do you then go out and buy them? Do you do this often or rarely?

Inquiring minds want to know :)

Click & Join the fun!

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-02-2005 - 8:46am

Very rarely. I mute all commercials on TV, & change stations on the car radio when a commercial comes on. They bug me! But once in a while I'll buy something because of a commercial.

My friend Nancy says that when she becomes Dictator of the World, there will be no food commercials after 8 PM. LOL. (That "What will you do when you become dictator of the world?" is a fun question to play with. LOL)

Katz

Katz

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-02-2005 - 8:56am

Very smart idea Katz,
Often those commercials are quite disappointing once you do buy what they're selling, LOL
Love the idea of no food commercials after 8pm, we wish

Sure would be, feel free to start it :)

Click & Join the fun!
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-02-2005 - 10:12am
i guess it depends what it is and how much it costs.usually i wait till the price goes down.seldom do i buy stuf right away. where we live it takes stuff a while to get here.
glenda
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-02-2005 - 10:15am

We must live in the same place.....we don't even have a ben and jerry's! Just got a starbucks a few months ago.

Actually looking at your profile....we DO live near each other.....how's that for weird?

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-02-2005 - 10:42am
Smart to wait for it go go on sale Glenda :)

Click & Join the fun!
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-02-2005 - 10:49am

LOL, I guess it depends on the item being advertised.

I guess I'm "sold" pretty easily on things.

When I see the advertisements for travel it always makes me want to get away and go visit that place! :o)
~~~~Jo

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-02-2005 - 10:52am

We don't have a Ben & Jerry's either. Are they all over the place? I kind of thought they were just in New England.

We have a Starbucks, but I've never been there. It's in a weird location, IMO. It's on the highway around all the PA Dutch tourist stuff. No local in their right mind goes to that area! LOL. If Starbucks is trying to be a "neighborhood" cafe, what are they doing on a highway in touristland? They're actually near the outlets; more for tourists.

Katz

Katz

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-02-2005 - 1:42pm
I hear you on the travel Jo, LOL
Oh so you're swayed easy are you, yikes
Hope you find some good deals out there then :)

Click & Join the fun!
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-02-2005 - 2:06pm

LOL. I said stayed...not "suckered".
I certainly am one for a good deal and hardly ever splerge on myself.

Commercials kind of just give me ideas. For example;...the Mc Donald's commercials for the fruit & walnut salad... I thought that looked very refreshing, but instead of going out and buying it at Mc D's I went to the grocery store and bought the ingrdients and made us some for lunches.
It was yummy!...see I was swayed, not suckers by the commercial.

LoL
Jo

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-02-2005 - 4:49pm

Starbucks just this year opened in Munich, and then they opened 3 at once.... gee really hitting the market... I haven't been to any of them, they are very pricey.... I do go to a really nice chain coffee shop that serves toasted bagels sandwiches also, called Fellows....

I do plan to try the Starbucks but I wouldn't rush out to go there.....

edited to correct all the typos.... LOL

Edited 6/2/2005 4:52 pm ET ET by twig04

Pages