Toddlers -- wakeing up at night every ni

iVillage Member
Toddlers -- wakeing up at night every ni
Thu, 06-02-2005 - 8:53pm
Hello, I have a 1yr and a 4 yr boy's and as of right now they sleep in the same room and same bed, is that ok, also my boys seems to think that sleep is should only take 2 hours and then they need to come get mom and dad, neither will go back to sleep unless they are in our bed, which is now effecting us...
anyone have any ideas of what todo?!??!? my DH wants to lock our door so they can't get in (jk)any ideas are welcomed
thanks
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-02-2005 - 10:13pm
Hi candjande,
Welcome to the Sand Box :)

Having two boys myself, I remember those days, LOL
For now, yes sleeping in the same rooms is great for them, even the same bed for a bit longer.
However they do need to know that at *nighttime* it is time to sleep, and stay in their bed.
Maybe tell them if they can't sleep to look at a picture book?
Is something like that possible?
          Click & Join the fun!
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-03-2005 - 9:31am

My daughter was quite fond of sleeping with us too. Sometimes we let her fall asleep in our bed, then carry her back to her bed. About a year ago we put a sleeping bag on the floor and told her she was getting to big to be sleeping with us...told her there wasn't room, so when she came into our room in the middle of the night she slept in the sleeping bag. We still allowed her to come into our bed around 5 am since we get up at 5:30...that way she still had cuddle time. And of course on Saturday mornings she crawls in and we watch a couple of cartoons together.

Good Luck!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-03-2005 - 9:34am
Great idea with that sleeping bag George,
Hope she sees it.
Thanks for the tip, appreciate it :)

Click & Join the fun!
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-03-2005 - 12:29pm
we never did the kids in our bed thing. they did crawl in during thunder storms.
a friend of mine had your problum. she just kept puting them back into thier bed.she waited till a long weekend when her and her dh were both off. all night long thier was crying , but as they got tired out the learned to except it. they also started to take them on long walks before bed to tire them out.
it will take a while and wear on you, but you got to do it.yes i know they will amke you feel guilty too.good luck
glenda
Photobucket