What would you do if......

iVillage Member
What would you do if......
Fri, 06-03-2005 - 3:12pm

What would you do if.....

You lived in a place where it was dark all the time?

Christmas was no longer a celebrated holiday?

You got stranded in an airport?

You had only a choice of reading the back of a cereal box or the bible?

You HAD to stay inside for a week?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Have a great weekend!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Johanna

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-03-2005 - 3:50pm

You lived in a place where it was dark all the time? Go on vacation often to places like Hawaii

Christmas was no longer a celebrated holiday? It might be better.

photo Signature1.png
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-03-2005 - 4:18pm

You HAD to stay inside for a week? That happens to me all of the time when it hits -40 degrees. You watch tv or have tea and coffee and great conversation with your family.

I always look forward to blizzards in the winter...its a nice excuse to hole up at home and do nothing but savour your family. :=)

G

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-03-2005 - 6:07pm

You lived in a place where it was dark all the time? I wouldn't live there for long for sure.

Christmas was no longer a celebrated holiday? Wouldn't matter, I can celebrate what I want and when I feel like it.....

You got stranded in an airport? go with the flow I guess.... take another flight on another day, and go to a plushy hotel and enjoy myself.

You had only a choice of reading the back of a cereal box or the bible? hmmmmmm

You HAD to stay inside for a week? I have no problem with that, read, internet, do bills, clean, draw, exercize lots to do

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-04-2005 - 4:17pm

You lived in a place where it was dark all the time? ~Probably not live there long.

Christmas was no longer a celebrated holiday? ~That would be OK w/me.

You got stranded in an airport? ~I did get stranded for hours once. I ended up striking up a friendship w/a guy who was supposed to be on my plane. We dated for several months. ;o)

You had only a choice of reading the back of a cereal box or the bible? ~go crazy

You HAD to stay inside for a week? ~That wouldn't be so bad. Read, talk on the phone, internet, maybe cook or make snacks.

Katz

Katz

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-06-2005 - 10:41am

LOL, great answers Katz!

way to go with finding a guy to date at the airport! LOL..nothing like multitasking!
Teeheee...

:o)
Jo

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-06-2005 - 10:47am

Hi Amy~

You are so right about Christmas.
We focus way too much on the gifts..it should be more on family and time together.

Sounds like you are a very family oriented person, that's really refreshing to see.

((hugs))
Johanna

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-06-2005 - 11:12am

Hey Suzan!

Great answers! Looks like you certainly know how to amuse yourself and keep busy.

So you like to draw? What do you draw?

Johanna

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-06-2005 - 2:38pm

Love this!

I remember once when we had a blizzard growing up we had a "pot-luck blizzard party"...we were out of power so the neightborhood got together and we all brought something to share and it was a great social thing.

I must have been about 14 and was over at my best freinds house...no school and we just thought it was the best!

but looking back on it, it was nice how our neighborhood pulled together to make a fun time out of what could have been a very boring time inside all stuck in our houses because of no electricity and closed roads.

Johanna