Jo--Have you seen Crash yet?

iVillage Member
Jo--Have you seen Crash yet?
Mon, 06-13-2005 - 9:34am
It was excellent! I really need to see it again, or at least talk to somebody about it.
Katz

Katz

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-13-2005 - 10:44am

Hey Katz!

Yes, I saw it last weekend.
It was great!!!
Certainly makes you think.

:o)
Johanna

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-13-2005 - 10:54am

OK. Here are some things I wasn't clear on. Were the main cop & his partner (the black guy & the Hispanic woman) rear-ended when they stopped at the scene where his brother had been killed? The Asian lady who, in the end, turned out to be trafficking in slavery, was the one who rear-ended them, right?

And when the black movie producer & the guy w/braids who stole cars were stopped by the cops, they were in the stolen SUV, weren't they? Isn't that why they were originally stopped? So why did they let them drive away in a stolen car??

It was amazing the way everything twisted around to connect everybody.

Katz

Katz

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-13-2005 - 1:10pm

LOL...shoot Katz, now I'm gonna have to see the movie again just to answer your questions! LOL

Okay lets see....
" Were the main cop & his partner (the black guy & the Hispanic woman) rear-ended when they stopped at the scene where his brother had been killed? The Asian lady who, in the end, turned out to be trafficking in slavery, was the one who rear-ended them, right"
....>>>>>>>>>>>I was unclear on this too, because the beginning of the movie showed the black cop & the mexican cop in a crash together...which didn't fit with the end.

"And when the black movie producer & the guy w/braids who stole cars were stopped by the cops, they were in the stolen SUV, weren't they? Isn't that why they were originally stopped? So why did they let them drive away in a stolen car??"
...The movie producer was trying to help out the kid who stole cars. They treid to steel his car (the movie producer)..but the kid with the braids always said he would not steel from his own kind. Then when they got stopped, one of the cops that stopped them was the one who stopped the movie producer and his wife earlier in the film. The young cop was trying to help the movie producer because he felt so bad about what happened before with the guys wife so that's why he let them go.

LOL, I hope that makes sence.
There were some confusing parts...lol, I'll watch it again when it comes out on video.

Jo

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-13-2005 - 1:39pm

I think what happened was that the 2 cops stopped at the crime scene, which would turn out to be the place where his brother was killed, & the Asian lady rear-ended them. But it took me a while to get that. When we saw her at the end, yelling for her, dh, it took me a while to remember where we had seen her before.

Oh, OK. So they were in the producer's car. That was my problem. It looked like the SUV that they stole from Sandra Bullock & her dh, so I thought they were in a stolen car. I knew the young white cop was trying to help the producer, but I couldn't see how they would let them go in a stolen car. So it WASN'T a stolen car! That explains it. So then why was the producer stopped?

I definitely want to see this again. But if I wait til it comes out on DVD, I will have forgotten too much. :( I should have gone back to see it again the next day, 'cause it will be gone by next weekend.

Great movie!

Katz

Katz

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-13-2005 - 1:54pm

LOL...You are right, the car did look a lot like the one they stole before..that was part of his sterotype..the kid with the braids...he didn't think A black person would drive that car. The producer was stopped because he was driving crazy because he and the kid with the braids were fighting. The producer was yelling at the kid to get out of his car.
I was just suprised that the producer didn't tell the cops what had happened.

It's just crazy how it made you see not to look at people and situations for their face value.

I stopped breathing then the store owner shot the locksmith and his daughter jumped in the way with her "magic cape"....OMG!
Seriously, great movie!!

Thanks for sharing Katz!
Johanna

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-13-2005 - 2:06pm

Oh yeah, OK. I remember he was surprised when he saw the guy.

I think that was part of what the producer was doing to "make up for" his behavior the night before. Trying to be a brother helping a brother.

I couldn't believe that right after the racist white cop told the young white cop, ""You think you know what you are. Wait & see," the young cop shot the nicer of the 2 car theives. Whew! And then went to extremes to cover it up!

Katz

Katz