Camping and the Great Outdoors!

iVillage Member
Camping and the Great Outdoors!
Sun, 06-26-2005 - 1:09am

I want to go camping!!

Anyone been camping yet this year? Where did you go and what did you do?

How do you camp? In a tent, under the stars, in an RV or something else??

:-)

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-26-2005 - 1:28am

How do you camp? In a tent, under the stars, in an RV or something else??
Have done all the above, then stayed in hotels while we camped :::blush:::
Now happily and for many years no more camping :)

Click & Join the fun!
iVillage Member
Sun, 06-26-2005 - 11:36pm

i cant wait to go camping .

we havent been yet this year. we go in july 11 or 13th. for a week.

this time we are tenting. gas costs too much for the camper.we will take the topaz and the pod on the roof.most of the time we will be at the inlaws, so we wont need that much. they say thier is a wall mart across from the camp sites in town

cant wait to go.

glenda

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-27-2005 - 9:26am

Camping sounds like fun to me and I even bought a tent this year. But, when it comes right down to it, I just really like the Marriott. Or the Hilton. Room service. Fresh towels every day. Cable tv and spreading my stuff all over the bathroom counter. We'll see if that tent gets set up anywhere (besides the backyard for the kids to play in!)

Mary

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-27-2005 - 9:55am

Speaking of tents, Tootie talked grandpa into setting up his 5 man tent this WINTER in the LIVING ROOM, she then proceeded to put up her own tent inside of grandpa's so she could have her own room!

We had to walk around that silly thing for two weeks before she finally got tired of it! But it was fun, we even made smores one night :-)

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-27-2005 - 2:27pm
Sounds like you need to hire a maid to go camping w/you! ;o)
Katz

Katz

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-27-2005 - 2:29pm
Sounds like Tootie had fun! :) When I was a kid, I used to make tents outside over the laundry line, or inside over a table. It was great!
Katz

Katz

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-27-2005 - 2:36pm

I haven't gone yet, either. Usually in June, Nancy & I go to a fest in NY state on the Hudson River, & stay at a campground. We didn't go to that fest this year. In July we'll go to one in NE/NY, w/camping right at the fest in a tent. That has advantages & disadvantages. You're right there at the fest, w/no driving of course. But there are no showers or bathrooms. Just porta-potties. And no shade. Some years it gets disgustingly hot. Other years, the nights are real cold. We don't bother to cook, other than maybe coffee on her propane stove. We eat festival food all weekend. :) They have some good stuff--vegetarian & otherwise.

In August we'll probably go for a couple of days to a fest that's in a town. Then we stay at a KOA in the tent. Boy, that's the life! Pool, showers, flush toilets, shade, a little stream, coffee in the office. :)

Katz

Katz

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-28-2005 - 10:57am
I take it Hugs you never enjoyed camping? :-)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-28-2005 - 12:27pm
Hey Heidi,
Loved to camp when the kids were young.
Always had a blast too.
Just something I *grew* out of :)

Click & Join the fun!
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-28-2005 - 2:11pm

Camping is fun Heidi!
I have not been camping in a long time
When I did go camping we would go canoeing on a river in Maine, then camp on a sandbar for the night. So much fun!

:o)
Jo

Pages