The Great Bra Debate--Do you hook you...

iVillage Member
The Great Bra Debate--Do you hook you...
Wed, 06-29-2005 - 10:35am

The Great Bra Debate--Do you hook your bra in the front or in the back?

• In the back. Doesn't everybody?
  • In the front. Doesn't everybody?
  • Either way. Who cares?
  • Bra?! What's a bra?! ;o)
  • Other--you GOTTA explain THIS one! LOL

You will be able to change your vote.

Katz

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2005 - 10:41am

ROFL. I did this one on one of the other boards quite a while ago. We had a blast with it! It went on for ages, attracted people from all over iV, & created lots of fun discussion.

It started when I was having Physical Therapy for a problem with my shoulder. I didn't have full range of motion & was having great difficulty & pain reaching behind my back to hook my bra, until a therapist asked me, "Why don't you just hook it in the front, then twist it around?" D'oh! That had never occurred to me, b/c I had NEVER done it that way. LOL. I'm still doing it that way b/c I never got my full range of motion back. :o( So I'm the one who answered Other.

Katz
Follow me to

Katz

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2005 - 10:51am

now i hook in the front. always used to hook in the back till i hurt my rotor cup.

i do go bra less arround home sometimes.when i do it is like the town issues a bulitin. people come over on those days.really am too big to be going bra less. really noticeable.but you get those shoulder marks and need a break.

it is like when you are still in your jammies. nobody shows for a week , untill you are in your jammies

glenda

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2005 - 10:54am

same with me katz. shoulder injury.i had always done it frome the back too.a couple of times my shoulder popped and now i do it from the front.i am considering a front closing bra.but i still consider those for old people and am not ready yet.

glenda

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2005 - 10:56am

Ouch! Rotary cuff injuries can be bad. Did you have PT or surgery? I guess you didn't get your full range of motion back either, huh?

Yup. It's true. I occasionally get caught in my jammies on weekends, cause I sleep late, then sit down w/coffee & the newspaper, & don't get dressed til I'm done the whole paper, if even then. LOL

Katz
Follow me to

Katz

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2005 - 10:56am
I HATE front closing bras.....they come open at the most inopportune times!!!!! I have yet to wear one that hasn't popped open at an embarrasing moment...I think front closing bras must have a weight load limit or something :-()

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2005 - 11:02am
ROFL. They should come w/a big sign: Weight Load Limit--3 lbs. I've never worn one. That sounds awful.
Katz
Follow me to

Katz

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2005 - 11:03am

the drs thought i didnt need surgery.

as for physio. i was showed what to do on my own. physio was backlogged. three months later they had room . by then i figured i didnt need help anymore.too late if you ask me.i cant lift for any period of time over my head.prlonged will make me nausious.
i can do lots shoulder height and below, so i try to modify what i have to do.

glenda

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2005 - 11:04am

glad you told me george. i wont be getting one of those then.

glenda

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2005 - 11:16am
This is really a cute question Katz,
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2005 - 11:25am
LOL. I knew there was a reason I put Other in there. I don't think we got that answer about nursing when I posted this before.
Katz
Follow me to

Katz

Pages