Feeling Sad today :o(

iVillage Member
Feeling Sad today :o(
Thu, 07-07-2005 - 11:44am

Hi Everyone,
Some of you have heard me talk about my dear kitty, Sasha.
I just wanted to let you know that Sasha died this morning.
Apparently he had abnormal size kidneys and they just couldn't support his body.
I took him into the animal hospital last night and got a call at 2am saying that he didn't make it.
He was only 4yrs old. The Dr. said that he had underdeveloped kidneys. He actually said he had never seen anything like it. Basically his kidneys stopped growing when he was a kitten. There for the Dr said he was lucky to have lived as long as he did.
...anyway, he has been a very special cat to us.

Just thought I'd let you know.
-Jo

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-07-2005 - 11:57am

oh my god
my heart goes out to you.sasha had lots of love and im sure loved you lots too.
my heart goes out to you. there is nothing like loosing a pet.

we lost our love birds this week too. she was desperately trying to hatch eggs and kept going to the bottom of the cage. we knew she wasnt doing too well but little birds dont live forever either.she had been dropped off by my son.his inlaws had been give them.thewy came to our house abused and scared.we bought them a new cage this spring, and the were a lot happier.It is true when one dies the other one does too.

it is so hard to loose a pet

glenda

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-07-2005 - 12:25pm
{{{Jo}}}
So sorry to hear this hon.
Our pets are our family and I so understand how you feel.
Least you know you gave him all the love.
It takes time to get over a loss of a pet.
Grieve & cry .. it all helps :)

Click & Join the fun!
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-07-2005 - 12:26pm
{{{Glenda}}}
Oh too sad on your love birds.
Losing our pets is
          Click & Join the fun!
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-07-2005 - 1:03pm

Thanks Glenda,
Sorry to hear about your love birds.
What is going to happen to their eggs?
Poor things.
At least you were good enough to take them in abused & scared and showed them that human can be loving.

Our cat Sasha has been very special to us. We went though a lot with him. Poor thing when his brother went missing he started to grieve, lost his hair and stopped eating. We had to put him in "kitty" therapy to get him better. Then we moved to a new house and the cat next door was a bully to him, he started to loose his hair again. Then when he got healthy he got in infection in him foot and thry thought they would have to amputate it....then he started having "pee accidents" so we look him to have him checked out...found out he had a heart murmur and a UTI. He's just had on going problems at such a young age. Last night when we got home he was walking like a drunk sailor. We thought maybe he was dehydrated...gave him food & water. He ate, but didn't keep it down.
He started getting worse and that's when I took him to the emergency vet hotspital.
They were going to keep him over night and give him IV fluids...then I got the call at 2am. It was actually was a comfort to find out that he had abnormal kidneys.
My heart really goes out to this little guy. The Dr said that with the size of his kidneys he would not have expected him to live into adulthood...so that gave me comfort to think that we helped him to have a longer life. We were very loved by him and he was certaily loved by us. A very special black beauty.

((hugs))
Johanna

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-07-2005 - 1:11pm

Thanks Hugs.
It's very sad. But at least I know we did all that we could.
You would have loved him, everyone did. He was such a gentle, loving cat.
Thank you for your kind words.

>^..^<
Jo

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-07-2005 - 1:33pm

wow your baby sure went through a lot in his short little life. than god he was truely loved through it.

yes our birds were loved.dh balled as he lifted them out of there cage.my sons girlfriends family had tortured them with flicking thier beaks, shaking thier cage,spraying stuff at them.it was awful.

they had a new cage they really enjoyed.it even had a bath in it , and the used it often.

there eggs never made it. they were never able to hatch any of thier eggs before either.must have been something wrong with the eggs.

my youngest now has a fish tank. we must have got a bad goldfish, because it lost its coloring, and fins, then died. we have been treating the tank but have lost more fish. two freshwater sharks, and another goldfish.

i hope he doesnt loose anymore.he has such a soft heart and is crushed by the loss of the birds.he even burys baby birds that fall from the tree out front.

glenda

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-07-2005 - 2:26pm

You guys have such a big heart.
It's hard with pet's ...you care for them, protect them and yet there is only so much you can do.
Just be happy they are out of pain.
Have you ever read the Raindow Bridge?
Here is a copy of it:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

((hugs))
Jo

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-07-2005 - 8:41pm

Oh, I'm sorry, Jo. I'm just seeing this.

Poor Sasha. I never heard of that, either. It sounds like it happened quickly. I know it's absolutely awful when a pet dies. I know you love yours like I do mine. My vet recommended looking at baby pictures, & thinking of the wonderful times you had together. :o)

My heart goes out to you.

Katz

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-08-2005 - 6:42am
Awh Jo I'm sorry to hear about your kitty..... hugs..... for you
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-08-2005 - 8:01am

Thanks Suzan

((hugs))
Jo

Pages