Requesting For Direction.....

iVillage Member
Requesting For Direction.....
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 11:58pm
Hello All,

I am a newbie and I currently have a situation that I would like some direction in. I have been dating this guy for about 5 months. At the beginning it was to good to be true. Me and this guy would talk just about everyday over the phone and every other week we would take turns in driving to see each other (he lives about an hour away.)

The Month of February I had to go to Chicago for a graduation ceremony and he offered to go with me (he is from Chicago.) We left the day before Valentine's Day and had the time of our lives. He introduced me to part of his family and they greeted me with opened arms. In fact, he paid for part of the trip which included (meals and over night stays.) We came back from Chicago and the calling(s) and visit(s) came to a complete stop.

This past weekend one of his cousins & her finace' that I met while in Chicago were coming to town. The original plan was for them to come and stay with me (they arrived on Thursday.) He left a message for me to check my email because his cousin sent us a message via email. She stated that the plans had changed and that they would "hook" up with us b4 they left on Monday. I then called and left him a message (Friday) that I would appreciate a call back; letting me know what they were going to do. I took off of work for 3 days and have not heard from neither of them. I was very hurt and sent them an email letting them know that they could have at least called to let me know they were not coming. I blocked them both because I am not in the mood of hearing any excuses. I feel that a phone call would have been respectful even if they would have lied to me.

I don't understand why he is doing this to me (no contact at all) when I know that I have done nothing wrong! Thank you for your time in this matter....

What should I do now?

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-09-2003 - 11:03am
Hello :)

Try posting your situation on the following board. I am sure you will get some great advice.

Ask the Dating Doyenne

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-rldatingdil

-CMKerri

Kerri Kerr
Sr. Community Moderator
Home & Garden | Food
iVillage.com