Moving....need info....please help.....

iVillage Member
Moving....need info....please help.....
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 4:07pm
Can anyone recommend a website for information reguarding moving to the United States. My husband got a job in the U.S. and we would be moving from Canada. I require info on Housing, Work Visa, and schooling. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 5:57pm
Can you tell me at least what state you'll be moving to? If you can narrow down to the city, that will help to. And when? Does the company he will be working for a relocation office, they can be of assistance too.

I'll see what I can find for you.

You can also try using a search engine (www.google.com is my fave) and let's say for example you're moving to San Francisco, CA. You can search for that in google. Sometimes you have to play around with the information. Obviously SF will result in a lot of hits -- but you can go to the advanced search feature and you can say housing and SF, or schools and SF. If you put quotes around things it looks for exactly that phrase (going to advanced search will do the same, just follow the directions.

Yahoo has "local yahoo" at the bottom of the page I believe -- click on that and you can search by state.

I'm good at finding things, so feel free to send me an e-mail (click on my member name and then click on send e-mail) and provide the info that way if you'd prefer.

Happy to help ... I've done enough moving and know it can be stressful.

TiaMia

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 6:11pm
Hi there,

I wasn't able to find much (I just 'jumped' on the puter for a min) but maybe Kerri can find more than me, but this is what I got-

Buying/Selling a Home

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-ppbuyinghome

granted I didn't get to look deep, so like I said, check back and see if Kerri can find something better. :o)

~Wendy~

You can find me on my blog:
CalvaryGirl
I'd love to "see" you there!