Need a new vacuum

iVillage Member
Need a new vacuum
Mon, 04-28-2003 - 5:18pm
The time has come for a new vacuum but I'm bogged down in choices. Where should I go to find out what's really good and what people like?

Love affordable fashion jewelry? email

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-28-2003 - 10:05pm
Hi there!

Here is a board you may get good feedback on-

Household Hints

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-hghints

The Flylady boards would be a great place to ask this question as well-

FlyBabies

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-hgflylady

FlyLady for Working Moms

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-hgflywrkmom

and of course I have to throw my 2c in here, I just LOVE my kirby! We've had it almost 8 years and are still loving it. :o) They may be expensive to start out, but they last a very long time. VERY. IMO if you have the money, they're well worth the investment ;o)

~Wendy~

You can find me on my blog:
CalvaryGirl
I'd love to "see" you there!

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 11:07am
Thanks, Wendy, I'll look at those boards. Funny you should mention a Kirby. DH and I were on the couch last night talking about vacuums. (I had wanted a Hoover WindTunnel V2 until I read all the problems about pet hair getting caught and burning the mechanism. Then I wanted a Panasonic MC-V7581 Dual-Sweep Bagless Upright with QuickDraw Tools, but it's not currently available at Amazon nor can I get info on Panasonic's website. grrr!) I told DH that I have found IT and told him to ask me how much it costs. He asked. I answered that it's not as much as a Kirby. LOL! It's a Dyson DC07 Cyclone Animal Upright in Purple that Amazon has for $499.99. The look on his face was priceless. He thought I was serious. Tee hee! But, now you understand about needing feedback on vacuums. Who knew finding a replacement vacuum would be so arduous. :o)

Crissy

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-01-2003 - 1:20am
Just a note about the Dyson purple vacuum. I bought one a month ago and LOVE it!! It did cost a lot but it is amazing. After I had just vacuumed with my old vacuum I used the Dyson on the same small area and it filled up the tank with the most disgusting dust and dirt I had ever seen!! I couldn't believe all of that was left in my carpet after I had just vacuumed! its light and easy to manuver. I LOVE it!! Every time I vacuum I am amazed at the amount of "yuk" it picks up. I have a dog and a cat and my grandson has terrible allergies. But since I got this vacuum he doesn't sneeze any more when he visits Grandma's house! I can't say enough good things about it. Just my opinion.....Mary
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-01-2003 - 9:04pm
Thank you thank you!!! DH doesn't want to spend that much, but I still think it's a good idea. We have two cats and he's mildly allergic to them. LOL! And with Berber carpet, the hair is ground in. Blech! You can hardly tell that the carpet's white anymore.

So, the 19 pounds of the thing isn't a hinderance? I'm nervous about manuevering that up and down stairs. :o)

Crissy