Why do Friendships have to hurt so much?

iVillage Member
Why do Friendships have to hurt so much?
Wed, 05-14-2003 - 3:09am
I am new to this board,but I was wondering if maybe someone could give me some advice. I met a neat girl a year ago, I have never been very close to other women,they just never seem to want to be close friends either. Not really. Well, Tiff and I did. We had so many common interests..then a few weeks down the road, I discovred in our conversation that she had been great friends with my husband all through high school. They never dated, but my husband really liked her for more at the time. Since she didn't feel that way back then, the friendship kind of depleated. Well, 14 years later, I meet her, bring her home, and they reminisse about the old days. All is well, fine, and dandy. Months go by, our friendship is stronger than ever, I felt that she was special, and it was great to actually find a real friend. After nine months, all of the sudden, after we had made plans to get together this certain night, I never saw her, she never showed up.. I left messages on her phone, gone to her house...No one is ever home..called her parents..they never return phonecalls to me..Left letters on her car, her front door, wondering what could be going on with her. Well three months have passed, still no word from her. I am so hurt. I know I didn't do anything to make her mad. I just don't understand. That is the most hurtful part. It's just not knowing.. Why..

Maybe someone can give me some advice on how not to let this hurt so much. THanks.. Hubbie2003
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-14-2003 - 11:44am
Maybe she feels funny being around your husband. That doesn't excuse why she hasn't contacted you. I would give her a little time and see what happens. If you don't hear from her she probably wasn't a good friend.

Mary

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-14-2003 - 11:53pm
Hi hubbie, there is a board that should be able to help you through this horrible time~

From Abandonment to Healing

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-rlabandonmen

HTH & Best of Luck~

~Wendy~

You can find me on my blog:
CalvaryGirl
I'd love to "see" you there!