I'm trying to start on a hearty issue...

iVillage Member
I'm trying to start on a hearty issue...
Mon, 05-26-2003 - 11:43am
...on the RIGHT boards - - - but NO replies AT ALL. I've waited at least a day. Ingnore.

Where should I go??

Don't those boards (that doing with loss, grief, etc.) have a CL?

Why does it have to be that way?!

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-26-2003 - 8:29pm
Hi. I can't really answer you about those other boards, I don't visit them. I just wanted to respond because I do know how frustrating no responses can be. Good luck in finding the support you are looking for. Melissa
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-26-2003 - 8:36pm
Hi xpire,

What topic are you wanting to discuss? (I ask because there may be other, more busier boards you could try out). If a board has a cl, it will be listed at the top of the board under the board description. Cls are asked to post three times a week, so it could take a couple to three days or so before a cl posts on a board, especially if it is a slower one.

I'd love to try to help,

~Wendy~

You can find me on my blog:
CalvaryGirl
I'd love to "see" you there!

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-26-2003 - 11:24pm

It's a holiday weekend :) The cls of those board will most likely be there on Tuesday, catching up on posts. Please check back, ok ? :)
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-29-2003 - 6:55am
Thanks, Melissa! I'm gonna check those boards now. Too bad Ivillage don't have a system where you can get a massage whenever your post get unswered, or at least some other way to keep the link so you wont have to do such a search for your mssg each time, and again and again each time.

Hello, Cl's, Ivillage managment - anybody's hearing me??

Xpire.

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-29-2003 - 12:23pm
Hello,

We are hoping to implement the email notification feature in the near future. You will have the option of recieving notification via email when someone has replied to your post.

-CMKerri

Kerri Kerr
Sr. Community Moderator
Home & Garden | Food
iVillage.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-29-2003 - 12:38pm
Well, the thing about the boards, is, there are probably a lot of members who read a post, and they don't have any input on it due to lack of knowledge or whatnot, and I know there are a lot that, if that is the case, they will not post to the thread because of that reason. There are people on boards I frequent, that if this is the case, will post, and say 'I don't have any input on this subject, but wanted to say hi'. But I personally consider that an exception, there are a lot of people on the boards that just lurk and will not post like that.

Have you looked into the 'favorite boards' option? You can find it at the top of each board you visit, second link beside where it has your screename, above the board name.

Every board you visit will be on that list, and when someone has posted to you, it will show you have a message. Right now, the option to click on '1 to me' is not working, but you can still go to the board using the board link, knowing there IS a message posted TO you on that board. I believe this is a fabulous feature that has been added recently, and gives people the ability to participate in more boards at a time, because the list keeps it 'all together'.

I have found it helpful in boards that I just 'lurk', because some can go days without a post ever being posted on a board. the favorite boards list keeps me from going back to that board daily seeing if any posts have been made. All I have to do is look for my list. :o)

Another thing with message boards in general is, iVillage cannot 'make' members answer posts. Members are not 'obligated' to answer anything, which is why there are a lot of people who just lurk the boards and only read what is posted, rather than participating. Granted, the cls should post to every post, because they are the hosts for those boards, but I cannot answer for why a cl has not posted to something, ya know?

Not all cls 'operate' the same on the boards, some you will find very involved in their boards, answering everything that is posted and then some, and others are moreso there in a 'moderating' type of stance. On busier boards it can be impossible for cls to answer each and every post (some boards have over 100 posts a day), which is where member involvement comes in.

I would be happy to try to help you find a board that would be best suited/more 'friendlier' for you, though. Just let me know what you are looking for, and I'll try my best! :o)

~Wendy~

You can find me on my blog:
CalvaryGirl
I'd love to "see" you there!

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-29-2003 - 2:58pm
Hi :)

Have you been back to the two bereavement boards you posted on? I see that you've had some nice responses :)