A few questions

iVillage Member
A few questions
Sun, 08-03-2003 - 9:21pm
Alright. I figured I would ask my questions and get them all out so that I can learn more about this board and help out those who are still learning.

1. Is there a way to SEARCH for a certain ivilliage'rs posts? I saw the find messages search, but I wasn't sure if you could search an individuals' name. I also wondered because sometimes I forget where I post, and it would be nice to have a search so I could find them and answer them all :o)

2. I am working in psychology and I am interested in finding the best board on Ivilliage to help others with emotional/physical problems and also in relationships. Which board would you recommend.

3. I notice that some people have cute graphics below their name in each of their posts. Not the emoticon, but the actual graphic, some are flowers, some are flags.. etc. How would I go about getting one of those for myself?

4. When you click on board settings it says "Hide messages rated below" -- I didn't know the messages were rated AND I don't want to hide any messages. So do I keep it at 1?

5. Is there any way to insert a picture into your posts?

6. Does html code such as bold, italic etc. work on the boards.

i'm sure i'll think of more, but that's all for now! hopefully someone can help me out! :o)

Thanks.

A SweetnAngelicChick

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-04-2003 - 2:22am
Hi there, I believe I can answer most of your questions~

1. Is there a way to SEARCH for a certain ivilliage'rs posts? I saw the find messages search, but I wasn't sure if you could search an individuals' name. I also wondered because sometimes I forget where I post, and it would be nice to have a search so I could find them and answer them all :o)

** No, there is not a way to search for specific membernames. This was done for the protection and safety for all iVillage members. **

2. I am working in psychology and I am interested in finding the best board on Ivilliage to help others with emotional/physical problems and also in relationships. Which board would you recommend.

** I am going to let Kerri answer this one :) **

3. I notice that some people have cute graphics below their name in each of their posts. Not the emoticon, but the actual graphic, some are flowers, some are flags.. etc. How would I go about getting one of those for myself?

** Click on your membername, or at the top of the board where it says "your profile", and click on "Update my profile". The second tab is where you choose your avatars. **

4. When you click on board settings it says "Hide messages rated below" -- I didn't know the messages were rated AND I don't want to hide any messages. So do I keep it at 1?

** right. There are some boards that have agreed not to use this rating at all. Before you start rating posts I would look around and see if it's being done or not :) **

5. Is there any way to insert a picture into your posts?

** No, these boards do not support html **

6. Does html code such as bold, italic etc. work on the boards.

** See above answer ;o) **

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask!!

~Wendy~

"The Kick Butt Diaries"

http://www.wendywood.net/kickin_butt/

Smober for Three weeks, three days, 1 hour, 51 minutes and 58 seconds. Life saved: 2 days, 22 hours, 10 minutes. Between dh and I: 842 cigarettes not smoked, saving $63.20.

'I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.'

--Phillipians 4:13

"Balloons for Walker: It Takes a Village"

http://pages.ivillage.com/balloons_for//walker.html

Follow me to

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-04-2003 - 11:51am
Hello and welcome to iVillage!

We have wonderful communities here on iVillage where women come to get advice and support from other members. Here are links to board lists for both the Relationships and Health channels where you will find many boards that interest you:

Relationships

http://www.ivillage.com/relationships/boards/

Health

http://www.ivillagehealth.com/boards/

Just jump in anywhere to join our wonderful support network of members :)

-CMKerri

Kerri Kerr
Sr. Community Moderator
Home & Garden | Food
iVillage.com