2 markers for down syndrome

iVillage Member
2 markers for down syndrome
Tue, 03-31-2009 - 9:43pm
I am pregnant with my 2nd baby and I am 19 weeks along.  I just had an ultrasound done last week and the doctor found 2 "markers".  One being in the small intestine and one being in the heart.  He explained to me that I am now at a high risk of having a down syndrome child, but he could not give me a percentage or any details.  I am 28 years old.  Has anyone gone through this??  I am depressed and have opted not to have the amnio done.  I just need a glimpse of hope. 

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-08-2009 - 2:52pm
Tammy
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-03-2009 - 9:54am

CONGRATULATIONS! Your daughter is beautiful! She is a cutie!!!!!!

I am glad to hear everything went great. I wish you the best, enjoy your precious price ; )

I know time is flying. Ever since I relaxed and started enjoying it it flew by. In a month give or take a couple days mine will be here too. I can't believe it. I have to get everything ready. Most of it is but we have to ultimate details, or m ore than that lol...

Good luck! I'll let you know as soon as I can when Tamara arrives.

So happy eveything is ok! ENJOY!

MAR

Tammy
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-02-2009 - 9:54pm

Mar!!

I couldn't find my original post, and I've been meaning to update you!

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-02-2009 - 1:17pm

Remember me? I was thinking you should have had your baby already

I hope everything went great. Let me know if you have time ; )

I am at 35 weeks now. More relaxed, just getting ready

Mar

Tammy
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-29-2009 - 1:59pm

It is good to hear those news! I am glad the bowel marker is gone for you. I wish it was gone for me too. But maybe when I get to 28 weeks like you it will happen. When are you due? August? Do you post in the EC Board?

I am so glad you are feeling better. I feel better too. I just freak out when I try to find relief in the internet and end up getting all worried again. I'll probably have some good insight next week to when I am seeing my OBGYN, who I haven't seen since the day before of the ultrasound I ended up bawling my eyes out.

Good luck, and enjoy your pregnancy. And keep me posted.

MAR

Tammy
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-29-2009 - 1:48pm

Thank you for keeping in touch- I had my ultrasound this past Wednesday.

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-29-2009 - 12:18pm

I was wondering how you were doing.

(my appologies to the cl of this board but even if I sign out and sign in without my cl user name it is still showing when I try to send this message)

Your ultrasound should be getting close. In short: I went to visit family to my country. Decided to have a check up there. They see everything normal. They are not into those "soft markers". So from their way of seeing things I am ok.

This week I went for my follw up u/s here in the states. They didn't make a big deal about the markers now. When I asked they said they are still there, but it doesn't matter because even if they dissapear, that doen't change anything (I still would like them to go away)

The good news is that my Quad screen came back great. I have 1 in 33000 chance of Downs and 1 in 94800 chance of Trisomy 18. I am still scared but not as much as before. Problem is that I've been reading too much. But on another note, I've also heard stories with good outcomes and I wanted to share with you this special one.

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-proct09n/messages?msg=2262.6

If you can't see the message let me know

Good luck

MAR

Tammy
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-11-2009 - 7:55pm

Thank you so much for your reply. It really helped me. Also another lady from the October 08 EC told me she had the same markers and her little girl was born very healthy. Of course I know the risk is higher, but as you said, there is a 95% chance that everything will be ok. I am just trying to take day by day now and feeling a bit better knowing those things.

I am having

Tammy
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-07-2009 - 3:46pm

I went CRAZY searching the internet.....bad idea by the way!

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-07-2009 - 11:20am

Hi, I went to google and found this message. Yesterday I've had the same thing happended to me. I'd like to know if you found any replies that gave you more information.

I hope everything turns out ok

Here is the message I posted in the board I usually am at

Tammy

Pages