Leaving everbody behind

iVillage Member
Leaving everbody behind
Sun, 08-30-2009 - 4:39am
Have you ever felt like you just wanted to get away for a long while? I'm so feeling like this right now and afraid to do it. I'm ready to pull my hair out. I'm young so why am I feeling like this. There is so much going on in my life, I'm afaid for me. I work part time, I had to move in with my son who just got married and had a baby who is 3 months. U feel so bad. Its like i'm intruding, but they say that I not.  I need a full time job, but have been unlucky. The sad part is that I have a college degree in liberal arts. What in the hell is liberal arts? Exactly! I feel like I know nothing and my college experience was a waste cause I know how to do  nothin at all. Help me!!!!! I also feel like I have nothing of my own. I just turned 44 in august, and have nothing to show for it. No job, house, life insurance, car, just nothing. i feel bad cause I have and have not accomplished any thing. Something makes me think to just leave everything and everyone alone. I feel like they don't know or understand me in any way. Somebody please hear me and help. Any words of help are a help. I look forward to reading all your thoughts.
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-31-2009 - 10:12am

Hi,

It sounds like you have a wonderful son who loves you very much!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-28-2009 - 3:04am

My heart goes out to you. But guess what? You're still young and you have your whole life ahead of you. It's never to late...everyday is a new day. I encourage you to apply for jobs and go on interviews and help out with your new grandchild as much as you can. I don't think you should leave. I understand that you don't like leaving with your son but I'm sure they could use the help right now. New babies are a lot of work. So just see this as an opportunity to see your grandchild everyday and as a time to reflect on what you want out of life.

I am a Liberal Studies major in college right now. I graduate in May. My goal is to be a teacher. You can get a job at a private school with a BA in Liberal studies. I don't know if that is of interest to you.

Be encouraged. Don't lose heart. I'm sure you're a great person and you have your whole life ahead of you. Plus I'm sure your family would miss you too much if you left.