What to do after second miscarriage

iVillage Member
What to do after second miscarriage
Sat, 09-26-2009 - 6:03pm
I just found out that I have had a second miscarriage. My first was in April 09 at 8 1/2 weeks and this one has occurred at 5 weeks. I don't know how to feel or what I should do next. I am sick of being told it's not my fault...it might be. Everything I read seems to give me less and less hope of having a succesful pregnancy. Help!
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-28-2009 - 2:54am

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. I can't even imagine what it would be like to lose a child--and yet you have loss two. Be encouraged--you can grief--that's normal but you have to move on with your life. I would suggest a support group or maybe counseling if you feel like that is something you need.

I have a two year old daughter now and when I was pregnant with her, a friend of mine had a still born. I was so overwhelmed with sadness for her and her loss but I also began to worry that my baby would die too. So I can only imagine what you are going through. Cry if you would to--talk about it would friends/family/your doctor and maybe even a support group but you have to move on and be able to cope.

I wish you the best

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-28-2009 - 2:49pm

I'm so sorry for your losses, please allow yourself time to grieve if you need it and to recover without beating yourself up (though I know that's easier said than done).

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-28-2009 - 3:59pm
Thank you for your kind words.