Finding my threads

iVillage Member
Finding my threads
Wed, 04-07-2010 - 12:05pm
Hi.  I'm new to your site and to chat rooms and am having a little confusion in getting around.   There never seems to be the time to figure things out.  I know I can go to a discussion and I have posted replies and today I started a discussion.   But when I log in, how can I go directly to my threads and see replies to me or my posts as replies to others?   Thank you.
sad09
sad09
Administrator
In reply to: sad09
Wed, 04-07-2010 - 3:47pm

Hi! Welcome to the site and the world of message boards. :)

There isn't a listing of the posts you've made--new or replies. There are a few ways to keep tabs on what's new or where you've post and the replies.

1. Email Notifications. If you turn this option on in your board settings, you'll recieve an email whenever someone replies to you. You'll be able to follow the link directly to the post.

2. Board Favorites. If you click on 'board favorites' you can add/remove boards that you've recently visited to your favorites. You'll also be able to see if you have new posts to you. Although you won't be brought to the threads automatically, you'll at least be sent in the right direction.

3. High Interest Flags. If you select this option in your board settings, any post you create or reply to with have a red flag next to it on the main board page. These flags will last for 30 days from your last post in that thread.

4. Advanced search. If you know the board you've posted on and the topic of the post, you can do an advanced search on that board using a keyword and the 'written by you' option. *Note: while it can be possible to search for your member name alone, all of your posts may not show up. Keyword searches produce more reliable results.

Erin
Community Technical Assistant | Community Moderator
iVillage.com