6 more days!

iVillage Member
6 more days!
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 10:44am
Hello, I am getting implants on Monday and I am so freaked about it. I am so afraid of the pain even though my PS told me that I should be fine in just a couple of days. How painful is this REALLY. Also, he asked me where i want the implants, ie, high/low/medium and close together and far apart. Has anyone else had to decide on the placement of their implants?p.s. I am very excited as well.
iVillage Member
In reply to: jadenteal
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 1:08pm
Hmm, well I didn't select the placement of my implants, my doc centered them under my nip. Who would want them low? Why pay for saggy boobies?

As far as the pain goes, I had unders, which is the most painful by far and I have very strong pectoral muscles, which multiplied the pain. And it hurt like a mofo. I could not use my arms at all for 3 days! I was spoonfed and someone had to hold the sippy cups up for me to drink. My beloved little brother and my husband took turns taking care of me and it was a full time job! If you have overs, they say it's less painful, less traumatic to the musculature.

Don't let me scare you off here! By the fourth day I was up and around on my own, I took the best shower of my life (I was pretty filmy after 3 days couch surfing) and drove myself to get a manicure! The pain was intense, but short lived. The most important thing is to take your pain pills on schedule. This is part of why I hurt so bad...I was supposed to be taking 2 vicodens and was only getting 1 by mistake. Also, take them with a little food (1/2 a bagel or some applesauce...anything to buffer them in your tummy!) or you will yack (I did) and there is nothing more unpleasant for you or your caretaker when you're yacking and you can't even hold your own bucket. Plus the throwing up hurts.

In looking back, the pain was bad at the time but I would do it over again in an instant! I love my new curves so much, the few days of being drugged and in pain was such a small sacrifice.

Also, don't be surprised if your cycle is thrown off a little after surgery and if you notice more hair in the drain after surgery....both are common. I had both and my cycle quickly returned to normal (side effect of surgery) and the hair all grew back (side effect of the anesthesia).

Best of luck to you, our soon to be Buxom Buddy! Be sure to post when you're up and around afterwards to let us know how you are doing!

Hogs n' quiches,

Felicia

iVillage Member
In reply to: jadenteal
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 9:23pm
Hi there! Don't worry, you will be fine. My experience was not bad at all. In fact, I recently went for a redo after 4 yrs of having saline implants. I switched to silicone. Good for your PS for asking about the placement! So many docs just assume how you want it or even worse, do it they way they "think" it should be. I have a wondeful PS who also asked me alot of questions about what kind of look I was shooting for.

Alittle bit of info for you-- with my first BA, I had the armpit incision. My breasts were pretty far apart and I didn't like it that way. With my redo, my PS used the crease incision. This brought my breasts closer together. I am very happy now! And I did tell her I wanted some upper pole fullness but not to the point of having boobs under my chin, LOL. This helped her decide how much to release the muscle. She released it enough to give a nice, fluffy look. My boobs are not even close to being saggy-- but they do sit very naturally on me, and I think this is due to my PS being very careful to release the muscle just enough.

One suggestion for you, get yourself a copy of the VS catalog and find some boobs you like :-) Then bring it to show your PS. That will help him/her to know what kind of look you want to achieve. If you want really big implants you may have to get a copy of Playboy or Maxim since the VS girls are pretty conservative (I don't think most of them are more than a C cup). I printed out a picture that I downloaded online of a girl who is a 32DD b/c that is the size I wanted. My PS did a wonderful job and I could not be more happy with my results.

Sorry this turned out to be so long. About the pain, again, for me it was not that bad at all. I gave birth to two children and that was by far worse :-) Besides, your PS will give you a script for pain medication and you will want to get that filled before your surgery so you have it in hand when you come home. I took Vicadin but there are stronger meds if your pain is really bad.

Good luck, you will do great! Getting a BA and (subsequent redo) has changed my outlook on my body. I can't tell you how great I feel, inside and out!!