Newbie here. Can big girls get implants?

iVillage Member
Newbie here. Can big girls get implants?
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 9:59am
Hello!

I have always always wanted breast implants, I find my breasts look so small, but then again I wear 44C. I'm a big girl, (weight 290lbs)... sorry I'm rambling... Can big girls get implants ? Like.. will the docs think it's too risky if I'm obese ? I've always always said that the day I lose a tremendous amount of weight I'm having implants!

Nancy :)

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 10:01am
OMG OOPS! posted in the wrong section I think... i'm not used to the new board formats yet! sorry!

Nancy

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 11:59am
My husband's friend's sister is a "big girl" too and she also has implants. I think they look good on her. Getting implants actually inspired her to lose weight and now she looks better than ever. So I say, go for it!!
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 9:11am
To be honest with you, you will need to drop some weight before you'll be happy with your surgery.

As far as if a doctor will operate on you, I do not know what their guidelines are but I assume it would be riskier...obesity always makes everything high-risk healthwise.

But if you did get implants, you'd need a very large one to fill your wide chest wall. You can only get so many cc's on your first operation, the skin simply only stretches so much. So, you wouldn't end up looking very big after your implants, because your body size and ribcage will eat up the look of your implants.

I am a not a tiny person myself and I put up an MSN group specifically to help larger-framed girls who are considering augmentation. If you'd like to check it out, go to groups.msn.com/ninersgirl and apply. Once I get the email, I'll approve you. I have so far my before pictures up and my wedding pictures...still have to have hubby take my clothed and unclothed after pictures.

Anyway, hope this helps!

Felicia

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 9:13am
Fuggetaboudit...I'm not used to the new format either...and I didn't even notice until you said something! :)