Pain poll.. having BA next week

iVillage Member
Pain poll.. having BA next week
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 1:11pm
and just wondering what kind of pain I'm in for. Don't get me wrong, I will endure whatever, but just want to know what to expect. I am currently 34B (which is being generous), going to full C/small D, over the muscle. Also, having them inserted via aereola incision, and having a slight lift done (via the same incision). I'm pretty athletic, work out 5-6 days a week, but don't have a real high tolerance for pain (although I have been through childbirth!)

Also, I will be getting the "pain pump", so I'm told that should help.

Any input much appreciated!

christina

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 9:25am
Congratulations on your upcoming procedure!

You should be fine pain wise...esp. w/the pain pump. On a scale of 1 - 10, expect about a 4. Overs are a lot less painful than unders. Just stay on top of taking your meds and you will be fine. Loopy and drugged, but you won't feel much pain!

Best of luck to you! Make sure to check in when you're up and around again!

Felicia

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-24-2003 - 9:13am
I know how you are feeling...I'll be having BA surgery in June. Going from a 34B to 34C.

My biggest concern is the pain issue too...I have very low pain tolerance!

I'll be going under the muscle with an incision under the breast.

Good luck to you!

Julie
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-24-2003 - 5:15pm
Hi, I had mine done 3 years ago & I'm not trying to scare you but I am still in pain all day every day. I'm not a whimp at all, pain doesnt usually bother me but for the sugery, (post op), I'd honestly have to say it was about a 10. I am still in pain but I had a mammography last year & the doctor said that nothing is wrong with the implants, but some women experience the pain all the time, like me.

Would I take them back? No, I'm still glad I did it (mine were overs), but seriously the pain is daily & the nipple numbness too is a real bummer for me. Just throwing in my experience, don't want to discourage you.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-28-2003 - 2:18pm
Hi Christina,

I too will be having a ba on May 20th! I am very excited and a little nervous, but I heard that overs are a lot less painful then unders which I'm having. I'll be going from a 34A to a 34C. I've been posting messages on a website called breastimplants411.com. When you get there, click on "forum". You'll have to get a name and password just like this site, but these women have had ba's, are getting ba's or want ba's and they are so helpful and friendly. Good luck and if you want, please e-mail me at pumple01@aol.com. I would love to know how you made out! Good Luck!!!!!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-28-2003 - 5:06pm
Hi there,

I had my surgery about 6 years ago and I do not regret it one bit, unless I'm doing floor exercises that require me to be belly down. I went from 34A to 34C. Mine were under the muscle and via aerola. Painful? Yes! No doubt. My pain lasted for 10 days. I have no pain now. They feel natural. The only bummer is it doesn't feel as good now when my husband touches them :( and I had trouble breastfeeding. (severed ducts) All in all, I would do it again. As a matter of fact, I think we have to redo them anyways. Does anyone out there know the average time span of having to redo the surgery?

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-03-2003 - 4:26pm
The average life span is 10 year. My mom has had her silicone's for 23 years and is going strong.
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-11-2003 - 3:28pm
Can anyone give me an idea on cost? Can it be financed or do you pay all at once? I have about 2,000 saved now. Any input will be helpful. And how do I go about finding the right doctor?
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 5:23pm
go to www.plasticsurgery.org - it's sponsored by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. There is a link for Board Certified surgeons in your area. Cost varies by area, but few surgeons finance and require payment in full before surgery.