When does the 7 years start? (m)

iVillage Member
When does the 7 years start? (m)
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 10:15am
I don't know why that is so cunfusing to me. My niece asked me how to figure out when the 7 years is up for a negative report to come off her report and I couldn't remember when it is figured from. I know I have read it here many times but you think I can remember what it is I read about it?....no! : ) Thank You, Robin
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 12:13pm
I've heard it's from the last negative item. So if she was 90 days late with a payment, it would start from the time that that payment was due. I think.

It's confusing.
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 5:04pm
Hi my.softheart, Start huh? Well, most of the time the questions are when it ends, so I think this is a new one. The start date should be the earliest reporting date of the item on your credit file and it shouldn't be any older than seven years ago. I hope this helps. Let us know if doesn't.

Sharon

cl-seesill

Debt Q & A

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 8:16pm
Yes that does help. Thank You very much! My niece asked me because she has a couple negative items on her credit report and she said one is scheduled to come off 7 years from the lastest negative date and the other item shows that one is scheduled to come off 7 years from the earliest negative date. She asked me which date was right that the 7 years would start from but I had no idea which one to tell her so I told her I would find out. I knew I could find out here. Thank You again! Robin : )