Debt Validation Question

iVillage Member
Debt Validation Question
Tue, 07-24-2007 - 6:56am
I sent a validation letter last week. I got a call yesterday afternoon from the CA stating that they received the letter but that it was torn, they need me to fax them the letter. Should I do this?
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-24-2007 - 2:50pm
Fax and keep a copy of the transmission.
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-24-2007 - 6:14pm
Thank you. I will fax it tomorrow. They just called me again and this time not about the letter but about the debt!
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-27-2007 - 5:16pm

Hi, please keep us updated on how things go with regards to the debt validation letter that you mailed/faxed. I hope it straightens everything out for you :)

Kerri Kerr
Sr. Community Moderator
Home & Garden | Food
iVillage.com

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-28-2007 - 9:31pm

Thank you for asking. I have been sick and unable to fax the letter. I received no calls for a couple of days after receiving the call to fax them. I received a call yesterday and ended up speaking to a floor supervisor and making him look dumb. I told him about the call that they received the letter (leaving out that they asked me to fax them another copy) and was told they would not do that, that leaving any message was against their policies. I played the message for him and he tried to tell me that the message neither confirms or denies that they received a letter. I told him it confirms it because the person from his company leaving the message states they received it. I then told him to not contact me by phone again and hung up. I do plan on faxing them once I am feeling better.

I will let you know if they contact me again after the fax. If they do I'll need to ask what to do at that point.