lots of ?'s.. need help

iVillage Member
lots of ?'s.. need help
Thu, 08-16-2007 - 2:33pm

Hello, I was wanting some basic info on bankruptcy. My husband and I make very good money, about 6,000 a month. We also own a home, 200 acres, and lots of farm equipment. We are paying on the home and acres and i believe some of the equipment too and the other is probably tied up in notes somewhere. We also each pay on a vehicle.

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-17-2007 - 1:51pm

Hi there,

I'm not much help but want to welcome you to the board. Others will be by soon that are much more knowledgeable than I am in these matters.

Here are some ideas off the top of my head that could go toward getting you through the crunch:

• Sell the 4-wheeler (if you can get enough to pay off the loan entirely)
  • Cancel home phone service and rely only on your cell phones (a lot of people only use cell phones now )
  • Cancel all features on your home phone including long distance (if relying on cell phones only won't work for you --you can use cell phones for long distance calls).
  • Go to a lower tier of cable or satellite (if you have it --or do away with altogether until you are through this crunch)

That's all I can think of at the moment. Others will join in and share their thoughts and suggestions soon, I'm sure.

Keep us updated!

Kerri Kerr
Sr. Community Moderator
Home & Garden | Food
iVillage.com