Credit Card Over limit fee

iVillage Member
Credit Card Over limit fee
Sat, 07-25-2009 - 7:57am
Hi everyone, I have never posted before but read the board daily. My question is that I have a Capital One MC that was above the limit and closed ( but not sent to collections) the limit is 2000 and it was over the limit by 5 hundred and change - because of late fees. I made arrangements with them and was told that even though my balance was only 500 over that had to be paid I had to pay 643.48 because of the date we made arrangements for it would add another overlimit fee he said by paying this amount it will bring me under my limit and then we will be back to monthly payments.
Well I did was I was supposed to and now I got my bill and it says I am 6.01 over my limit again - I'm pissed. So my question is by paying like 10 today ( the bill due date is Aug 4 and I don't get paid till August 4th and don't have the money to do more) will it bring me under my limit and stay there? It says my min. payment due is the 6.01 but when I was making arrangements with them I asked what my monthly payments would be and he said about 57 dollars. I'm not really sure how to do this but I DON'T want another over limit fee esp. when I took their advice and did what I was supposed to! No wonder its hard for people to get out of cc debt.
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-26-2009 - 10:27am

give them the 10.00 and cross your fingers. even if you get an over limit fee for one more month with your payment that should be the end to it.

Mary Ann