So close to being out of debt...

iVillage Member
So close to being out of debt...
Wed, 09-23-2009 - 11:15pm
Hi
I have been waiting on a bonus from work to pay off pretty much all of my debt. Woohoo! I had alot of old credit card bills that had to be paid off through collection agencies and one that I was being garnished for. I was able to pay off everything and now the only debt I have is my car. I owe under 8000.00 on a 2005 Equinox. Anyway...whats making me angry is,I paid off the bill that I was getting garnished for and the sent me a letter confirming that the bill was paid in full. I pull up my paystub today,gets deposited on Friday, and guess what?? They took out another payment! I'm so pissed! I'm going to call the law firm that has the account tomorrow and see what's going on but,they were supposed to stop the payments right away! I'm so angry,now I will probably have to wait on them to cut me a check or something! Has anyone ever had this happen??
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-25-2009 - 12:24pm
Jenn2590,
Congrats on paying off all that old debt! I bet that feels great! What a bummer that they took another payment out - very frustrating for you, I'm sure! Let us know what happens!
Wishing you all the best!

Amanda