Bankruptcy Q&A Board LInk

Community Leader
Bankruptcy Q&A Board LInk
Sun, 02-05-2006 - 12:18pm

The Bankruptcy Q&A Board has some wonderful posts and information galore. It is now impossible to find Bankruptcy Q&A via any index and all direct traces are gone. To assist those who wish to delve into the archives for information, here is the link: http://messageboards.ivillage.com/n/mb/listsf.asp?webtag=iv-mlbankruptcy&nav=start

Best wishes to all.

Carolyn

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-05-2006 - 12:27pm

Hi Carolyn,
Thanks for the link. It connects this board to the old one and is a great idea. Now everyone can see all the info they will need to be able to understand bankruptcy and the different aspects of it and learn through others' experiences.

Fantastic!
Kathy

Community Leader
Sun, 02-05-2006 - 12:50pm
Now if we could get back the Bankruptcy Q&A Website. This board doesn't even have a website to provide in depth information.
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-05-2006 - 1:06pm

I noticed that had disappeared a few months ago. I wondered why since it was pretty convenient. I was looking for it to answer questions for a friend that was filing.Do you know why that was removed? I always thought it was very helpful.

Kathy

Community Leader
Sun, 02-05-2006 - 1:21pm
The Bankruptcy Q&A website originally began with CL-Petra, then I took her pages and modified them. A CM took it down when a new format was instituted and it was never uploaded and replaced. I still have the website and modifications. First the website and now the board.
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-06-2006 - 8:20pm

Carolyn,

If you still have the page, I'm sure we could just upload it to MSN or I could host it on my own webpage (with it's own "free" name).

I didn't even realize we had a website. :)

Community Leader
Mon, 02-06-2006 - 8:33pm

It was a wonderful website that had everything you wanted to know. It includes terminology and meanings. A comprehensive explanation of the different Chapters. Each state's exemptions. 341 hearings. Timelines. Tax considerations. Rebuilding credit (which is info for everyone regardless of bankruptcy). Cleaning up credit reports. All kinds of information that is universal to bankruptcy and based in fact.

Maybe an offsite location is the only place left to go. It can't be at the top of this board. Ivillage won't allow that. TOS speak to this.

Carolyn

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-06-2006 - 9:28pm

There were a lot of websites that were "lost" when iVillage websites transferred to Lycos (because iVillage decided to discontinue hosting websites).

In that case - of the bk board site - a few of those like that were lost

Community Leader
Mon, 02-06-2006 - 10:23pm

I was CL of Bankruptcy Q&A when that change occurred. I have the entire Bankruptcy Q&A Website. I am familiar with how iVillage works with the CL requesting a CM to add a website to the "about this community" header.

That would mean this board would have a Bankruptcy website and the CL has already posted her opinion against bankruptcy, sooooooooooo....

Thanks for dropping by. It's nice to see a familiar "face".

Carolyn

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-07-2006 - 1:17am
Oh yeah. I don't want it at the top of the page, but maybe we can at least make reference to it in a post? isn't that within TOS? I believe it is. It was a lot of valuable info. I mean, if iV wants to host it, great, if not, I think its valuable information. :) and a great place to start your research. :)
Community Leader
Tue, 02-07-2006 - 9:46am

Yes, we can't have a link at the top header to a server that is not iVillage. Perhaps just having one of our own and refer people to it for helpful info to read over at their leisure, just like any other messageboard website, is the route. I'm not sure I want give a privately built website over for free anyway and it certainly has no place as this messageboard's website since it is not about or IMHO particularly in favor of bankruptcy (again MO).

I also do this for a living and, simply put, I don't work for free. A lot of hours went into all the pages of the website. It's a big website. It's a great website!

This is the organizational structure: all of us from CL level down are unpaid volunteers and the business at hand (remember it is a business) is for traffic, board traffic and posts and hits (click/hit = $) so I'm not sure I would be eager to give hundreds of dollars of work in return for Zero Zip Zilch Nada Dollars. I would never encourage someone to turn over an entire website for free without some consideration. Now I do like posting with information and support. That is good. Working for free and not even gettng a tax deduction for it is not good and out of the question.

Carolyn

Edited 2/7/2006 12:22 pm ET by cg108

Pages