Welcome

iVillage Member
Welcome
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 7:39am
Welcome!!

This is the new board format.

Let's take a day off and just play with this. If you have any questions, I am here ALL day, make sure that you ask!

Let's start off with a Roll Call.......

Tell us you are here and how long you have been tracking!

~ Sara ~

* saras2ndhome@yahoo.com

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_sara5683
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 8:17am
Welcome everyone....

What do you mean you are giving us the day off Sara? LOL!! Think this is enough for us to deal with?

We will try to help you all as best we can.

Becky

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 8:33am
I meant, the day off from my endless questioning. Then again, maybe I will work double time for Thursday. Hmmmmm!

~ Sara ~

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 9:17am
I am here, I think. Whew! This will take some getting use to but I am always up for a change.
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 9:56am
I'm here. I think. Holy cowinski. I *thought* I posted earlier, but I don't see it. Who KNOWS where that one went.

My name is Lisa, and I've been tracking since July 2002. It's been more sporadic of late, but I'm thinking that this next Sunday we'll be renewing our efforts, as I've noticed that when we DO write everything down, we tend to make better choices with our money!

I'm getting a headache from trying to navigate these boards- I don't like all the different windows opening. I'll have to futz with it all for a few days. We'll see. There are other boards that I go read that are up in arms about it all. I'm willing to roll with it, though. I think! :D

Lisa

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 11:05am
I'm here, but very frustrated. I had to log out & log back in so I could see which messages I had read, & now I have to go back through all of them again so it will actually show that I read them (for the 3rd time!)

~Cera

Hibiscus Signature PLAIN
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 12:35pm
Hi there everyone.

Tell us you are here and how long you have been tracking!

Rick, and only about 3 weeks, but I have kind of got "off-track" lately. Help, bring me back. LOL

Rick

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 2:07pm
Hello, I am new here but have been lurking for a few days. Thought with the changing of the board it gave me a perfect opportunity to come out of lurkdom.

Lets see I went through a period of tracking every cent for something like 2 months last September, and have done it on and off since then. I just finished going through my bankruptcy and DH will be starting his process soon. We never wanted it to come to that but life some times happens. The day after our DS’s 5th B-day in 2001 DH was laid off. It came as quite a shock. But with my part time job and the unemployment we were able to survive with about a 25% decrease in income- oh we were really fooling ourselves DH’s severance carried us for about 5 months. Well due to the economy DH was unable to find another job, and decided to make a complete carrier change: computers to massage therapy. So he started school in March ’02 and will graduate in August ’03. So currently we are living off what amounts to 2 part time jobs, with me brining in the most money (something I really don’t like- I liked it when I could take off early to spend time with DS and not worry about making sure I work 20 hours a week- oh well its life). With the end of the unemployment our income to outgo became apparent that we were not going to make it, not we are living on about 78% less money than when DH had his full time job. So that’s why we had to file to get some breathing room and to live again- which it has helped us a lot, but we were desperate and tried everything else first (I do not recommend bankruptcy as anything other than a last resort).

So I am now getting back into the swing of tracking our money, and budgeting and everything good *G*. Which helped us out last month when we had a $1,000 auto bill for maintenance work on my car- we were able to pay cash for it. I would love to take a trip again someday so I’m using that as a goal, its been 4 years since our last vacation.

Tracy

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 4:46pm
Hi Tracy,

Welcome to the boards, new format and all. :)

Hugs to you, you have been through a lot. I completely understand, my DH was just laid off end of January. It's tough out there (and yes he's in computers too).

Becky

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 7:55pm
Thanks for the welcome.

Thankfully what happened to DH didn't happen the year before or things would have turned out completely different.

I hope your DH finds something soon. I do know that what hurt my DH was that he used to work for Andersen, and the whole Enron thimg happened shortrly after he was laid off. In some ways its still a sore spot for DH but I am extreemly happy he's doing what he is now, his stress level is way lower now.

Tracy

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 8:45pm
That's good that his stress level is down. Sounds like he will enjoy his change in careers so that is a plus.

Stress, although always seems to be around can be awful (some days I handle it better than others...of course, I'm pregnant too so could be hormonal - LOL!!!).

I'm sorry about the Arthur Andersen thing...Actually, we have a big firm for them around here too (I'm being a ditz right now and can't remember where it was exactly but I'm in a Far West Suburb of Chicago). I know my SIL worked there part-time while she was going to school for a while, etc... I'm not sure what happened with it from Enron though...it made big news locally they were concerned about job losses, etc... and then just *poof* disappeared.

Hang in there!!

Becky

Pages