* * * * * It's Thursday * * * * * * * m

iVillage Member
* * * * * It's Thursday * * * * * * * m
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 6:58am
Hi!!

Almost the weekend. If you are like me, it can not come fast enough!!

---------------------------------

Few things....

1. Becky and I are still reading each and every post!!

2. Any financial questions, we will make a new post for. That way the anser is not lost or missed.

3. If we read your post, and want to comment to be silly (and you know we are) it might be added to the end. make sure you click through and read.

4. Be looking for new games comming. We just have to revamp them a bit!

----------------------------------

~ Daily Q's ~

1. Do you balance your checkbook, right away or once a week / month?

2. Do you use menus?

3. What are your plans for the weekend?

4. Any questions on the new format?

5. Any financial questions?

Have a great day!

~ Sara ~

* askingsara@yahoo.com

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 7:19am
Us?? Silly?? Nah....ROFLMBO!!!!!!!!!! Just because we dane around different items, geesh!

1. Do you balance your checkbook, right away or once a week / month? Right away.

2. Do you use menus? HA HA HA HA HA - Enough said.

3. What are your plans for the weekend? SLEEP!! I'm *so* tired. I'm going to re-put up the curtains on Kyle's room and maybe the darkness will make him sleep later. Other than that I got roped into doing a skit for Sunday's service, so there will be a short practice on Saturday (luckily no speaking parts!! I *love* how the pastor roped me in though..ROFLMBO!! Called last night going "You still available for doing the skit Sunday?" As if I had agreed to do it! I just went "I wasn't doing it" and his comment about "You didn't say you wouldn't though"! ROFLMBO!!!! With Spring Break they were having trouble finding people to do it so I agreed even though I hate being up there!).

4. Any questions on the new format? Nope, I'm not confused yet. ;)

5. Any financial questions? Not really, still trying to figure out how to pay mortgage when your income is less than it is. There has got to be some ways for me to be "creative money management"....I'm just not creative enough. LOL!

Although...our city is trying to get a municipal internet/cable going and DH went to the town meeting last night, he met the guy in charge of it, gave him his business card and let him know he is looking for a job. If it passes, this could work to our favor. It's up for a vote on April 1. The guy said he's being inundated with resumes BUT I think DH may have a good shot for a few reasons (of course, I'm just speculating). He will continue to look & apply for other positions but we are keeping our fingers crossed for this.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 8:27am
1. Do you balance your checkbook, right away or once a week / month? : I don't balance my checkbook in the regular register at all, because I only use it to pay bills while sitting at my computer. I do, however, balance it in Quicken every week, sometimes more.

2. Do you use menus? : I have tried it, but never stuck with it.

3. What are your plans for the weekend? : Work on my thesis & some other homework

4. Any questions on the new format? : not right now. I think it will just take some practice & getting used to.

5. Any financial questions? : I thought I had one, but if I did, it has slipped my mind. I'll let you know if I remember.

~Cera

Hibiscus Signature PLAIN
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 9:14am
~ Daily Q's ~

I do it every night that I use my checkbook.

2. Do you use menus?

I'd like to use menus more often but life sometimes just get to busy for me to plan

them

LOL. Lets see Saturday Matt and DH have practice for the Easter Cantata, then there

is the Sat church service that DH will play/lead the praise band. Sunday will be 2

services with the first we are bust with Sunday school, DH is the music teacher, and I

help out a bit every where. The the 2nd service DH will play during the service with

the praise band again. Then Sunday afternoon I have no idea, probably shopping and

resting.

Not for me, but someone else asked a question that I'm trying to track down. Every

time she tries to post she has to log in each and every time. I suggest she check that

her broowser accepts cookies, can you think of anything esle. BTW I prommis to do my

best not to log in here with my cl- but if I do forget please forgive me. (co-CL for

the Bankruptcy Q&A board.

Nothing at this time. *G*.

Tracy

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 9:35am
We'll forgive you about the CL hat...I know sometimes it's hard to remember. And now, from my understanding you have to close all browsers & re-log in. LOL! That's going to be hard for me, I tend to read all "my" boards CL or not and sometimes you see something that you want to just go ahead and reply to and then realize either you didn't have your hat ON or it's on and it's not supposed to be!!

Becky

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 1:21pm
My first post on the new board!

~ Daily Q's ~

I balance it right away--otherwise, I'd have some unfortunate accidents!

2. Do you use menus?

Not really. My schedule is never the same--some days I go out with friends during the week, other days I just don't feel like cooking. DH usually eats at work anyway, so I'm off the hook for having to cook dinner!

I am going to relax and enjoy myself at this great horse show that I go to every year. My best friend is coming too and we need to catch up! She's also bringing her adorable Persian cat for an afternoon in the great outdoors. Plus, we'll probably hit the outlet stores at some point!

I'm getting used to it--hated it yesterday, but once I figured out that I needed to be logged in to make the new message icon go away, I was much better!

None today!

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 2:00pm
----------------------------------

~ Daily Q's ~

1. Do you balance your checkbook, right away or once a week / month? *sure. yah, you bet. LOL- um, the *true* answer would be: I look online daily to see what checks/deposits have posted to the account. every week, I take what the bank says we have, add the missing deposits, subtract the checks, then I take THAT number and subtract what our balance is in the checkbook. This is NOT balancing- it's finding out about how much is in the 'slush fund'.

2. Do you use menus? *sure. at restaraunts....ROFLMBO!!!!

3. What are your plans for the weekend? *Weeeeellll, Tomorrow I'm *supposed* to go to Redwood Falls for a library class. If it snows like the nice weather guy says it will-there is NO FLIPPIN' WAY I'm going. Saturday, I get to work at the library, and then it's off to the Women's Expo that our town is having- the library has a booth. Saturday night, I am looking forward to going to 5:15 Mass(need some spiritual time. It's been THAT kind of week), and Sunday we're having my stepson's birthday party. yay.

4. Any questions on the new format? *How nice do I have to be?!?!? here are SOME of my questions:

a)WHY in God's name are there SO MANY pop-up windows? Whenever I click on 'outline', ANOTHER window pops up, and on and on. I had to disable my pop-up stopper, so now, I'm getting ALL sorts of iVillage pop-ups...grrrr.

b)I understand WHY the posts keep jumping around, but it's kind of unsettling. Is there any way I can do the outline thing as a default?

c)How come today, when I go to use the outline thing, we have NO OUTLINE?????? It was here yesterday, I know 'cause I *SAW* it.

d)Where is the reimursement form for all the motrin I'm having to take for the HUGE headache this new format is causing me????? ;D

e)Is there a support group for those of us who are feeling a little LOST, DAZED, AND CONFOUNDED? I am rolling with all this, and it IS easier than yesterday, but I tell you, I'm feeling like I'm blindfolded and can't "SEE" anyone anymore. It's kind of a bummer- the one thing that doesn't translate well to this type of format is the easy adding to posts~some of the best discussions seem to come when someone answers someone else, KWIM?

f)Why are things loading at approximately the speed of a well-salted slug? We have cable modem, but it's still slow. I can't IMAGINE what it would be if we only had the old dial-up. Is it just a temporary thing? (please God, please God, please God)

5. Any financial questions? *no. I'm confused enough, thanks. :(

Lisa

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 2:07pm
Whew!! Slow down...breathe in & out...in & out...OK...

Now don't hit me too hard...I can't answer all your questions right now because I just took a peek before I have to run get the kiddos from school (and they don't like when we "forget" them there).

I CAN however answer these 2 questions quickly....

1. The reimbursement form will only be considered if you come to the get-together :) (Hey, don't be shy we can dance around the pool together!! I'm JUST KIDDING!!! Trust me, I wouldn't do that in real life. ROFLMBO!!! I'm actually quite shy.)

2. For the slowness that my dear friend IS a glitch and they are aware of it and are working on it. So "whew"!! No, that should not be permanent.

As for the rest...I'll have to investigate and get back to you (I'm thinking under a board setting somewhere you should be able to change a default to outline view but I'm not sure on that).

Becky

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 3:53pm
Hi Everyone~

~ Daily Q's ~

1. Do you balance your checkbook, right away or once a week / month? As the need arises, but of course, at least once a month.

2. Do you use menus? Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure what that is, ROFL. I'd say no.

3. What are your plans for the weekend? Wow! The first time my daughter has been away for the weekend. I'm gonna be lonely. Maybe work, OK, OK, I'm working.

4. Any questions on the new format? No questions. Just still trying to get use to them.

5. Any financial questions? Nope.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 5:49pm
OMG - I'm finaly able to read these!!! Well, I've made my usual weekly trip & as usual it's stressing me out!! :) Fortunately we're going home tomorrow. Work is going well and I've got my 3rd client today for my business. YEAH!!

1. Do you balance your checkbook, right away or once a week / month? *Right away!@!@

2. Do you use menus? *Yes

3. What are your plans for the weekend? *Relaxing - but DH has to work all weekend, so don't know how much of that I'll be able to do!

4. Any questions on the new format? **Not right now! :)

5. Any financial questions? **no

Enjoy your evening!!!

~Amy

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 7:32pm
Amy - I'm cracking up over here...did you see your "away" thought it was an e-mail address since you used the @ symbol. (Or a link I guess???)...ROFLMBO!!!

That is awesome about the 3rd client!! WAY TO GO!!!

Becky

Pages