Wondering on Wednesday

iVillage Member
Wondering on Wednesday
Wed, 09-30-2009 - 2:55pm

Today is Wednesday, right? At least in the US? ;)

Do you think the recession is over?

Amanda

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-30-2009 - 3:22pm

No! In our area, people are still losing jobs left and right and our economy is really hurting. I wish I could say otherwise, but I don't think the recession is

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-30-2009 - 10:24pm

Not sure, I know that there isn't a recession in our household at the time. Granted, some things are going to change in the next two weeks, so we may be then.

I don't worry about when the recession will be over, I worry about if people have learned from it. To live within their means, and have a savings. That if you have a job today doesn't mean you will have one tommarow. I just hope everyone has learned something!!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-01-2009 - 5:18am

Things have become so hectic that I'm having trouble keeping track of which day it is, although my computer tells me it is currently late Thursday evening here. Things should calm down in about three weeks which I'm looking forward to.

I don't know whether the recession is over, but I don't really keep track of what's happening financially in the world partially because I don't really understand the business/financial news and currently have more important things to focusing my time on than trying to figure it out. So far I'm concerned, as long as I'm able to make ends meet and continue to reduce my debt I'm headed in the right direction. Like others, I hope people have learned the importance of staying within your means.

Lyn

bpeblink.gif picture by beautifulmandaPhotobucket

Lyn

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-01-2009 - 6:25am

Happy Wednesday, everyone! This question is one of my favorite pet peeves. We heard pundits (and friends and neighbors) insisting we were in a recession for two years before we actually had two consecutive quarters of negative growth - an actual recession. A recession doesn't start or end when we feel like it's starting or ending. We're still in negative growth. When we have a quarter of positive growth, we can say we're out of a recession.

Anyway, DH and I have decided not to participate in this recession and it's worked out really well for us! Attitude is everything when it comes to personal finance.

Colleen

Pregnancy Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Photobucket