TGIF

iVillage Member
TGIF
Fri, 10-02-2009 - 1:28pm

I'm so happy it's Friday! Hooray!

DS is napping, the cats are occupying each other, and I'm chillin'! :) What a great day!

Here's the question of the day: If your electric bill (or whatever bill) came in significantly less than the amount you budgeted, what would you do?

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!!!!

Amanda

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_amandajojo
Fri, 10-02-2009 - 4:14pm
I'm on a budget plan where my power company automatically debits my check account for the same amount each week, so even if I received a significantly lower bill I wouldn't be paying any less. If I wasn't on the budget plan, I would probably try to put most of the money aside but also allow a little extra spending money out of it.
Lyn

bpeblink.gif picture by beautifulmandaPhotobucket

Lyn

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-02-2009 - 5:25pm

If I was not taking a big trip next year - I would just go out with the money.

"I know God will not give me more than I can handle, I just wish he wouldn't trust me so much!" Mother Theresa

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-02-2009 - 6:12pm

I'm on a budget plan but occasionally there will be a lower bill due to lower than estimated usage.

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-03-2009 - 1:34am

I'd roll over and go back to sleep because I'd obviously be dreaming.

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-04-2009 - 4:10pm

Our checking account is mainly for bill paying and usual expenses like groceries, gas, tolls, etc. So, when a variable bill comes in lower than expected, the money usually ends up in our Money Market savings account.

Every pay day, I pay the bills first - or plan for them - and then transfer a chunk over to savings. I leave just enough in checking for living expenses

Photobucket