Happy Day!

iVillage Member
Happy Day!
Mon, 10-19-2009 - 11:55am

Hi! How was your weekend? Did you have any crazy weather? We had cold and rain. But today is absolutely beautiful after a frosty start. Fall is great!

Do you have any good news to share (budgeting or otherwise?) I took my state boards test (and passed!) so that is one less thing I have to worry about and do. And all that's left is to wait for my cosmetologist license to show up in my mailbox. :) YAY!

Have a great day!

Amanda

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-19-2009 - 12:11pm

Friday and Sunday was snowing here and it was a bitter cold weekend. Temps in the 30's with wind chills in the upper 20's. It's warming up into the 50's and 60's for this week though.

As for budgeting. I'm doing ok. Had a lot of expenses come up with medical bills for ds's surgery, shipping some gifts overseas for Christmas and so on.

I did manage to put $200 into the sinking funds account, but still have another $1310 o get into that account before the end of November if possible. (That's my goal anyway).

stacy

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-19-2009 - 2:41pm

Congrats on passing your test!!! Yaahoo!!!

Our weekend was about like yours, rainy, cold, freezing, just gross. Today the sun is shining.

Well DD's eye is acting up again, looks like another infection, so I made another eye appt. for Wednesday. This is probably the 12th eye appt. in the last 6-8 weeks. At $70 per eye appt. it's tore our budget apart, but

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-19-2009 - 9:09pm

Congratulations, Amanda! Glad to hear about your test!

I don't have any big news or big budget news. Although, I saved $17 at the grocer store tonight. haha. That counts, I guess! :o)

The weather was a beautiful 74 today. Love it!

Colleen

Pregnancy Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-20-2009 - 11:14am

The w/e was wet but temps weren't bad. Now it's foggy and damp but should clear up soon.

Congrats on passing your tests! That's great.

Not much has changed in the budgeting dept. I ended up at the ER a week ago this past Sunday and haven't seen the bill for that yet. I need to go back to the dr. but no money to do it.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-20-2009 - 4:59pm

Congratulations on the license Amanda!

Our weekend sucked too, cold and drizzly. My dad and stepmom were in town and drove us absolutely freaking bonkers but they paid for meals and bought a TON of stuff for DD so I'm not complaining. Now, the money I was budgeting for her winter clothes can go to new clothes for DH and beginning to stockpile socks and underwear for all the sea time over the next two years or so.

Other than that, all is well :)

Photobucket
Photobucket