Happy Monday

iVillage Member
Happy Monday
Mon, 11-16-2009 - 12:48pm
HI, Folks!
It's Monday here again! How was your weekend?
Got any budgeting news to share? Please tell us the good, the bad, the ugly, and anything helpful you've learned along the way!

Amanda

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-16-2009 - 3:07pm

I worked all weekend - it was a rather busy weekend at work as the All Whites (NZ Soccer Team) played Bahrain at the local sports stadium, and won. The match was to decide who was going to the Football World Cup. Other than that, didn't do much this weekend.

As far as my budget goes, I started writing my budget up with pen and paper last week. I've colour-coded how the money is paid in or out of my account (and I can even use this colour-coding in Excel). I've only done this for a week but its definitely useful - I could see at a glance how much cash I needed for the week.

Lyn

bpeblink.gif picture by beautifulmandaPhotobucket

Lyn

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-16-2009 - 6:00pm

I've been painting in my entrance/closet and computer room! it's starting to look really good! I need to get some new knobs and a closet organizer.
I'm halfway through my special 6 week leave to take care of things around the house. I hope to do more than just finish the painting but we'll see. I've done a whole pile of decluttering and have set up some good habits.
I have been faithfully making a meal plan for each week and this has kept us on track with the grocery budget! Amazing how this one small thing works so well. We look at the weekly flyers decide what is on special that is good and then make our plan around those things. I shop once for the week and that's. I think that is really the key...to stay out of the stores!LOL!
We bought Winter tires for our car too. I've been wanting to get some for the last few years because Winters are bad up here in Southern Ontario but kept putting it off. It wasn't in the budget but we had some extra mad money set aside so we used that. We both decided that our safety was well worth it.
I also decided to invest a little bit of money on my health and I hired a personal trainer to help motivate me and get me back in shape.

Nathalie

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-16-2009 - 6:41pm

Hi! We had a very lazy weekend, because DH and I were both suffering from a case of gastro-intestinitis that's going around. At least that's what my doc said. Nothing serious, just takes a few days to get over. We're both feeling better now, but we didn't make it to the carnival.

I do have BIG budgeting news! DH is officially taking over the monthly spending tracking. Woo-hoo! I've been doing an okay job, but he's taking a turn for

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-17-2009 - 8:37am
DH was stationed with the US Navy in Bahrain after we first met. He used to e-mail me pictures of people playing soccer/football over there. That was his way of keeping in touch.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-17-2009 - 8:39am

We have to buy new tires for DH's truck this week, too. He looked on Consumer Reports and found out the best tires are one of the cheaper brands. We'll save a couple hundred dollars thanks to that info!

As we say in Florida, "tires ain't pretty". :o)

Drive safe up there this winter!

Colleen

Pregnancy Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Photobucket