Wondering on Wednesday

iVillage Member
Wondering on Wednesday
Wed, 11-18-2009 - 3:12pm
Are you ready for Christmas? Have you set a holiday budget? Have you started shopping yet?

Amanda

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-18-2009 - 8:43pm

Are you ready for Christmas? Emotionally, yes! But that's all.

Have you set a holiday budget? Just a per-person gift budget, but not an all-expense budget. Need to do this before Thanksgiving.

Have you started shopping yet? Yes. I think I'm more than half done.

Colleen

Pregnancy Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-19-2009 - 3:20am

Are you ready for Christmas? For the most part, although I'm not sure that I'm quite ready for the Christmas music.

Have you set a holiday budget? I don't set a holiday budget, this is another category where I work with the practice of 'only if I can afford it'. My family doesn't expect gifts if I can't afford it, and it is extremely rare for me to do something special for Christmas.

Have you started shopping yet? Only for my own gift and this is mainly because I can use a 10% off voucher during November but not December. I will not buy the gift for my grandfather (Scorched Almonds) until just before Christmas, because I'm likely to eat them if I buy them earlier. Other than the gift for my new nephew I'm making the remaining gifts and will buy the supplies I need as I need them.

Lyn

bpeblink.gif picture by beautifulmandaPhotobucket

Lyn

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-19-2009 - 6:46am

Yep, I'm all ready Christmas. Shopping is all done! Yep, I budget certain amounts for each person we buy for. I'm just waiting for Christmas wrapping paper and boxes to go on sale so I can get everything wrapped.

I am thinking about buying a family game for the Wii. This would put me over budget, so I'm having a hard time deciding if it's worth going over or not. I'll probably just watch all the sales and see if I can get a good enough deal.