Hooray for Friday and the weekend! :D

iVillage Member
Hooray for Friday and the weekend! :D
Fri, 11-20-2009 - 10:37am

How was your week, everybody? I hope it was a good one!

Here's a question for you....
who do you share your budget with? Do you share it with friends or family or do you keep it private? How about your kids?

Amanda

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-20-2009 - 2:14pm

Well, my little one is too young to get the budget concept...

Aside from my DH I'll occasionally discuss budget stuff with my mother but that's it. Most of the family is absolutely horrible with money not to mention if they see our numbers and figure out what we make everyone will have a hand out.

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-20-2009 - 3:56pm

My week was good - I started a summer semester course on Tuesday. It is 3 hours lectures, but it means that there is only 7 weeks left of it (3 before Christmas and 4 afterwards). My budget stayed on track this week too.

I don't share my budget with others, but that is mainly because I live alone and don't have a SO. If I had a SO, and was living with him, then I would want to be sharing budget information so we could make sure we were on the same page. When I have kids, once I feel that they are old enough to understand, then I will share parts of the budget with them - I think its really important that people have some understanding (even if its only basic) of budgeting before they leave home.

Lyn

bpeblink.gif picture by beautifulmandaPhotobucket

Lyn

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-21-2009 - 10:37pm

I had a rough week at work. I'm sore and achy all over. And now Congress is about to

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-23-2009 - 2:09pm
Katie,
Your little girl is adorable! :)

Amanda

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-23-2009 - 2:12pm
Yay for staying on budget, Lyn!
I like your idea of sharing parts of the budget with the kids when they are old enough - helps them understand and be prepared when they are out on their own.

Amanda

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-23-2009 - 2:26pm
Colleen,
That's very funny about Florence Nightingale. But I hope you're feeling better today!

Amanda

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-23-2009 - 3:49pm

"I like your idea of sharing parts of the budget with the kids when they are old enough - helps them understand and be prepared when they are out on their own."

I think part of what influences me here, is as I think I've mentioned previously, I was helping my mother with the maths for the budget for a long time. I can't remember when I started that, and don't necessarily agree that it should have started when it did. HOWEVER I do know that I'm much better at budgeting than I could have been and more aware of the importance of paying the bills as a result.

Lyn

bpeblink.gif picture by beautifulmandaPhotobucket

Lyn