Christmas is coming!

iVillage Member
Christmas is coming!
Wed, 12-02-2009 - 1:02pm
Have you started decorating?
What will you do to stay on track with your Christmas budget?

Amanda

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-02-2009 - 1:40pm

I decorate the day after Thanksgiving.

"I know God will not give me more than I can handle, I just wish he wouldn't trust me so much!" Mother Theresa

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-02-2009 - 6:28pm

DH and I put up the lights and tree before we left town for Thanksgiving. But, I didn't finish decorating the tree until last night.

I wish we could put more deocrations outside, but I can't justify the cost of buying and running them. Still, that fact that we have lights up at all shows that we're celebrating Christmas. That's what matters to me.

I'm right on track for my Christmas budget for now, although I still have to shop for DH.

Colleen

Pregnancy Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-03-2009 - 12:24am

I don't decorate for Christmas - mainly because I can be bothered taking the decorations down afterwards so my home would be decorated for Christmas year-round.

I don't have a Christmas budget, but will keep my Christmas spending under control by making gifts for most of the family. The only gifts that will be purchased are for my grandfather and for my new cousin (born last Saturday, weighing nearly 11pounds).

Lyn

bpeblink.gif picture by beautifulmandaPhotobucket

Lyn

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-03-2009 - 7:34am
Congrats on your new family member! 11 lbs? Wow!!!

Colleen

Pregnancy Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 12-06-2009 - 1:04pm

We put our tree up the weekend before Thanksgiving, our daughter LOVES Christmas trees so we put it up early :) The rest of the house we haven't gotten to yet but we will.

Staying on track with the Christmas budget will be hard but Wal-Mart and the Navy Exchange are good places to shop for less expensive items. :)

Photobucket
Photobucket