Love and Money Monday

iVillage Member
Love and Money Monday
Sun, 12-20-2009 - 8:35pm

Love and money topics come up quite a bit on the board. I'm lucky enough to have married a man who's as big a nerd as I am (and, for me, that's a good thing), so I don't ever have BTDT advice for love and money questions.

But, I noticed Mondays are "Love and Money Night" on Dave Ramsey's TV show on the Fox Business Network. All the calls and e-mails are related to money and relationships. If you're trying to get your DH/SO on the road to financial freedom with you, why not watch together?

Just a Q for discussion:

Are you, by nature, a spender or a saver? If there's a DH/SO in your life, are they a spender or a saver? Are you on the same page for budgeting?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-21-2009 - 12:41am
I think I alternate between being a spender and a saver. I tend more towards being a saver, but I do go through periods were I spend (even though I don't need anything). No SO in my life, but I believe that its really important to be on the same page as your SO. If you've got opposite goals with money, its probably not the only area where the goals don't work together.
Lyn

bpeblink.gif picture by beautifulmandaPhotobucket

Lyn

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-21-2009 - 9:49am

Are you, by nature, a spender or a saver? I'm definately a saver for the most part.

If there's a DH/SO in your life, are they a spender or a saver? He's a saver too.

Are you on the same page for budgeting? Yeah, mostly. The only difference is if there is something he really wants, he doesn't like to wait until I save the money specifically for that item...especially since the money is in the bank. But it is the way it is, so he deals with it. For the most part, he rarely ever wants to spend money.

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-21-2009 - 1:40pm

Great question!!!! :)

I think my DH and I are both spenders by nature, but we have learned / are learning to be savers. We both tend to be laid back in our personalities and don't worry about the future too much, although having a child has made us much more pro-active about a lot of things since our concern for his needs/wants has changed our priorities. It's all good. :)

Amanda

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-23-2009 - 8:27am

The issue between me and the Hunny Bunny is what it takes to be comfortable. If every moment of