yard sale

iVillage Member
yard sale
Sat, 04-24-2010 - 8:11pm

I was wondering is everyone getting ready for yard sale season? Are you going to have one, or are you going to go look for those great deals? Or possibably both?

We did both today. Came out $3 ahead. Though we found a Kelty hiking pack to carry Carolynn in, and a LL Bean jogging stoller!!! Couldn't be happier. :-)

We are having a community sale next weekend and we are participating in that as well. So we should end up more ahead. Plus we need to find more stuff to sale! I don't want to have to unpack it in Mississippi.

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: nessie_132
Sat, 04-24-2010 - 9:57pm
Good job on the baby gear! We are bringing some stuff to church tomorrow for the youth group's yard sale as a donation. I already have baby stuff Will has outgrown! Are you moving to MS?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-25-2010 - 10:27am
Yes in 2 1/2 weeks!!! I don't wanna, but the Army says we have to :-(
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-26-2010 - 1:17pm

When

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-01-2010 - 10:30pm

Yard sales are already popping up here and there on the weekends in my neighborhood. I get so excited when I see the signs go up, but when I pass the yard sales, something in me says, "If you find something, where will you put it?". We downsized our home so much that we're to the point of only bringing items in when it replaces something else. So I'm thinking I'll be passing up on yard sales unless I'm looking for something specific this year. :)

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-14-2010 - 1:39pm
I do go to yard sales and I really need to have my own this year. I buy most of my DGD's things at yardsales. We are expecting a new baby in August so over the next couple of weeks I will be going through what I have and figuring out what I need to get, and I hope to get most if not all at yard sales.
I do what I call recreational yard saling. It started out several years ago as my morning out with out children, now I just enjoy going out and seeing what's out there and I run into several friends through out the morning to chat to. I am at the point though that I don't buy it just because it's cheap and I like it. It does have to have a spot to go to when I get it home.