Roll Call - May 2010

iVillage Member
Roll Call - May 2010
Sat, 05-01-2010 - 3:16pm

Hi Budgeteers! Please check in and let us know who you are and where you're from.

Also, please share your current Budgeting goals so we can encourage each other

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-01-2010 - 3:29pm

Hi. I'm Colleen. I live in the Tampa Bay area with my DH, Dave. We have a newborn baby, Will, who takes up most of my time and attention. (When I get a chance, I'm going to work on a baby siggy).

My immediate goal is to track our baby-related spending so we can nail down the Baby category in our budget each month. I recently became CL of this board, so my second goal is to help this board become more active so it can be a great resource for people who want to put their money to work for them.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-01-2010 - 10:07pm

I"M HERE!!! I'm Vanessa, Army wife to DH, mommy to Carolynn.

May is such a special month here. Carolynn turns ONE!!!! I can't believe it. And my first Mommys day, with a human baby here on earth to hold.

We are also movign this month, to Mississippi. I will be AWOL for a bit, our house gets packed next week. UGH!

I guess I should post a goal for this month huh? My goal....

Not to spend a SMALL fortune on DDs b-day. I already have invites picked out, and for 12 I'm gonna spend over 20 bucks. And I really want to get a dinosaur banner for her, but I'm debating. The rest we will just have green plates and such. I'm making her cake! Oh its a Dinosaur Train party :-) Which the party isn't really till next month cause of the move, but I better plan now :-)

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-01-2010 - 10:49pm

Lyn from New Zealand.

Current budgeting goals
* Continue to not use my credit card. I've been successful for a few weeks now - it helps that I'm rewarding myself for not using it. The current reward that I'm doing is allowing myself to buy one e-book for each week that I don't use my credit card. I have to have the money on my debit card to be able to purchase the e-book, otherwise it goes on the list of e-books that will be purchased once the money is there.
* Stick to my meal plans. - I'm aiming to match meals to how I know I feel after work on certain days.
* Pay what extra I can down on debt.

I'm sure that I'll probably have more goals part way through the month, but these are all that I can think of right now.

Lyn

Lyn

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-02-2010 - 9:31am

I'm stacy.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-03-2010 - 10:56am
Vanessa, you made me realize how spoiled I am. I only have to wait 6 weeks for my first Mother's Day. Good luck with your move and enjoy the dinosaur train birthday party! That theme is just too cute!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-07-2010 - 5:41am

I'm here!! Amy from Ohio. Been married to DH for 17 1/2 years. We have a 17 year old dd and a 14 year old ds.

Right now we are trying to figure out what to do with our equity line (we took it out for dh's business that failed in 2008). We just found out last week it's pulling our credit score down...and no, we've never been late! Ugh! So, depending on what our house might sell for, we may be putting it on the market. I really wish we would've known all this 3+ months ago when buyers were getting $6000-$8000 tax credit for home purchases. We should know soon what to do.