Are you happy with your bank?

iVillage Member
Are you happy with your bank?
Wed, 05-12-2010 - 8:16am

We currently have our money in two different banks.

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-12-2010 - 10:28am

We are happy with the small local bank here in town.

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-12-2010 - 6:00pm

Most of the banks here are internationally owned and I do my main banking with one of them. However, I also bank with one of the locally owned banks, as there are some facets of my budgeting that are aided by not having all my accounts at one bank.

I'm happy with both the banks I bank with. In fact I changed banks about 3 years ago because I was sick of the inaccurate information my previous bank had been giving me.
I actually find the locally owned bank more impersonal than the internationally owned one however this may be a side effect of the type of account I have with them (no fees for electronic transactions, but there are fees if I do over the counter transactions). With my main bank, I am in the branch to do a withdrawl of the cash I need and since I have been doing this for a while the staff do recognize me.

Lyn

Lyn

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-13-2010 - 10:02pm

We deal with two different banks. One is a Credit Union that has really great rates for members getting loans/mortgages and such and the other is great for everyday use and paying bills because they have no fees! it's an online bank with no physical locations so you have to deal with them over the phone or online etc. I don't mind this at all. I think we save a lot of money not being charged for all our debit card transactions and fees for paying bills too! It's the best!

Nathalie