June Roll Call - Please Sign In!

iVillage Member
June Roll Call - Please Sign In!
Tue, 06-01-2010 - 8:12am
Hi everyone! It's Colleen, the CL here on the Budgeting board. I've been unable to post for a while, but it's a new month and I hope to get a fresh start all around, including on the board. I'll start by posting new challenges and also a first-of-the-month budgeting checklist.

Newbies - I'm so sorry I haven't replied to your posts, but I will do my best to give you a proper welcome ASAP.

Everyone, please sign in and introduce yourself!

Colleen

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-01-2010 - 9:05am

Hi! It's Colleen again. :o)

I live in the Tampa Bay area with my DH, Dave, and our 2-month old son Will.

Sorry I haven't been around lately! I became the CL for the Budgeting board a few weeks after my baby was born, but since then I was hospitalized due to blood clots in my lungs and came home only to suffer a huge Rheumatoid Arthritis flare that kept me off my feet and in a lot of pain. Things are looking up, though. I'm eager to start really enjoying my new life as a stay at home mom.

For those of you who have known me on the board for a while, you know Dave and I budgeted for years so I could quit my job and stay home with the baby. The irony is that even if we hadn't planned it, I'd be home now anyway due to my health problems. I'd probably be on short-term disability with just a fraction of my pay coming in. At least, this way, we knew we'd give up my entire income and had a spending plan in place. Through all my health problems, we're actually not worrying about money at all. Just wanted to share that testimony to the power of budgeting. I hope everyone can realize how living below your means can give you real security during hard times.

It's great to be back on the board! Can't wait to hear from you all!

Colleen

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-01-2010 - 9:11am

Stacy in New Hampshire.

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-01-2010 - 10:41pm

Oh Colleen I'm glad you are doing better!!! I was so worried when I seen about the blood clots. Having a clotting disorder (or I should say gentics) I'm terrified of a clot, and had to be on shots my entire PG with THumper.

Okay, I'm Vanessa, DH is William, and DD is Carolynn. We just moved to Mississippi, and Carolynn just turned 1! I can't believe how fast the time has gone. My brother and SIL is getting ready to move in with us, so life is going to get intersting. I'm not living on an army base, so now I'm getting used to grocery shop with the fliers. Its interesting to say the least.

That is about it for now. :-)

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-02-2010 - 2:53am

Lyn from New Zealand.
I'm steadily moving along, although I need to have another close look at the budget again as I need to adjust a few things and review my current financial goals. I'll be sharing my goals and probably asking for advice when I get the chance to. Finally near the end of this semester so I'll actually get time to do the stuff I want to.

Colleen - its good to hear that you are doing a bit better now. I admire the effort that you put into the board, as I can only imagine how busy you find yourself as a new Mum.
Vanessa - I can't believe that your daughter is 1 already, it still seems relatively recently that you were expecting her.

Lyn

Lyn