Father's Day is June 20

iVillage Member
Father's Day is June 20
Sun, 06-06-2010 - 11:23am

"Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope."

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-06-2010 - 6:08pm

That's a great idea Colleen. Your DH will love it!

BF and I will be celebrating Father's Day with my dad. We'll take him out for a day at the horse races...it's his favourite thing! and then we'll have dinner at my house and invite my sister and her new BF.
We can all play pool and have some fun.

BTW...You new siggy is the best!

Nathalie

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-06-2010 - 10:35pm

Colleen, that's a wonderful celebration you have planned. If you can't find the time to make him a card, with your little angel to take care of...maybe you could just make a list of the things you love about your Dh. If you know you'll have tons of things to write down, perhaps just title the list "Just 50...of the many reasons why I love you so much" or "25 reasons why you're the perfect Daddy", and just start listing things. :) Some items can be serious, some funny and cute to make him smile. :-) Maybe on the big day, you could start by giving him a big hug and just telling him, "Your Dad would be so proud of you, Honey. Happy Father's Day."

I hope you both have a special day. :)

My Dh wanted a new sight for his target shooting rifle, and he just couldn't wait until Father's Day to get it. Boys grow up, but they still loooove their toys. :-) So Ds and I took him out this weekend to get his sight. He was looking at cheaper ones, but I asked the clerk to show him one that was still within our price range, but at the high end. It had so many more features than Dh thought he'd ever get, so he was stunned when I said, "Happy Father's Day, Early, Sweetie....enjoy it". Then we made a quick trip to the range so he could try it out, and he was so excited and happy. He talked about it all the way home. lol

So now that he's gotten his gift, we'll just cook a nice dinner on the grill and relax at home on the big day. :) Maybe I'll have my son, since he's on Summer Break now, write up a list of some of the things he loves about his Dad. I'm sure my Dh would love that. It's one thing to get a big tight hug from his son, but to have a hand-written list would probably bring tears to his eyes. :)

Pat :-)

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 4:50am

I love that idea. Thanks!

It's sweet that you went target shooting, too. Maybe I can think of something fun we can do together. He's had bad back pain and I've had my health issues, but we're both starting to feel better and it would be nice to get out and do something fun like that

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 5:06am

Hi Nathalie,

That sounds like fun. Makes me miss my dad!

BTW, I got my siggie from momma.janet over on the Signature Making for Beginners

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-08-2010 - 11:53pm

Update:

My mom came over this afternoon to see the baby and I got to take a quick trip to the mall. I was looking for a shirt for DH (the old reliable polo shirt gift!), but I found some nice, light, short-sleeved button-down shirts for summer. Almost like those Cuban-style men's shirts. They were on sale for 40% off at Macy's! Dave hasn't had a new shirt like that in years.

Now, I get to work on the fun present "to Dad from Will"!

Photobucket

Photobucket