Monday Money Minute

iVillage Member
Monday Money Minute
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 5:17am

Hi everyone! I hope you had a good weekend. It's Monday - a great day to take a minute and visualize a smooth week ahead.

Do you ever visualize the way you want something to go? Today, take a minute to see yourself sticking to your budget, having plenty, and finishing the week proud of yourself for staying on track. Or, whatever would look like a good week to you, see it in your mind. When we chart a course for ourselves, mentally, so often, it comes to pass.

Also, how about challenging yourself to repeat some positive self-talk this week? So, when you would normally feel the pinch of a budget and think "I can't stick to my budget," replace that with something like "I have made a budget that fits my needs and my income. I have plenty to get through the week."

I

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 8:11am

Good Morning! :-)

I like the idea of visualizing a week of being on budget...or under budget! :-) Having less worries about upcoming major expenses and where the money will come from to pay for them, etc. That would be wonderful, and I'm definitely going to have to take some time to think about that today. :)

I also love the self-affirmation idea. I look around my home, and I know we have more than enough right here to entertain ourselves for the whole summer without needing to buy anything else. There are so many beautiful parks...and the beach....to enjoy for free right near home. Our library offers free movie rentals, so there's not even a need to visit Blockbuster or have a Netflix account....and this house definitely has enough food in it. LOL! Way too much. lol So, I think I definitely need to focus on these things, remind myself of what I have, and learn to be happy and content with it rather than feeling the need to go out and spend. :-)

Maybe something like, "All I need is what I already have." :-D

Pat :-)